What is your most flown model?

Phil 9

Looking at my TX timers it's my Twinstar.

Why? Cos it's set up to do everything! I have skis for the winter, fpv camera on it, it'll carry my go pro, has a bomb drop for dropping little parachutists, a towing point for aero tow as well as drop gliders, and well soon have floats! Differential thrust makes it a real hoot to fly aerobatics with and it'll soon have floats too! It flys great, is reliable and is also the model I use for try it sessions on a buddy box. This model can do it all!

Chris

I don't really have one , I tend to favour one for a while and fly it lots before moving on to another. Sometimes I have to leave the "flavour of the month " machine at home ensuring the others get some airtime.

At the moment my Hangar 9 katana(Os 91 fs) is getting most use , my seagull edge 540(Irvine 53) has probably had the most flights but during the last 2 wet winters the trusty wot4(Irvine 53) seems to have been the weapon of choice.

Edited By Justin K. on 31/08/2015 08:33:29

It's the TwinStar too for me. I don't do any of the things that Chris Jones 7 does, but it's so indestructible and easily repairable that it's the model that goes in the car whenever the weather looks too bad to risk my other models. Fitted with strobes and landing lights it's also the model I fly at dusk in winter, after flying my others.

My flair nieuport 17 is the model I fly most. Its not the easiest to fly or the most capable but its very rewarding. power is from a very old saito 45.

A close second is my YT La7 powered by a Laser 300v. Simply put, the thing is a monster and is just fantastic fun

My travel Air is by far my most used ic model. Its looking a bit worse for wear now but still flies great. but the one model that always goes in my car whatever else I take is my Can Doo! It gets flown at least three or four times every session. Just because its small, convinient and just so much fun!

For quite a few years a Apache aviation PT19 ( now with slec) wore it out ( now in shed awaiting major referb) and for the last two years a Racer Cat form HK a excellent all rounder no vices all weathers, can allso set it up and use it as a pattern ship hack. The same saito 91fs been in both over 10 years and just changed the bearings last year.

My SKY 40 with added flaps .

It's just right to get me started again in the new season .With low rates and flaps it can just pootle around the sky,keeping my nerves in one piece and comes in for some slow smooth landings .Flicking to high rates it's very aerobatic .This is done when my confidence is back after a few flights . It also handles gusty weather very well .

It's fitted with an OS 46 FX which performs faultlessly .

Mine is a Great Planes Electri-cub I built it about 5 years ago and it pretty much gets flown every week basically because it looks so nice in the air, its a cub so not too challenging to fly but i never get tired of those oh so slow and low flypasts with the odd touch and go thrown in , next to that its a small foamie corsair that you can just about perform every trick in the book and it takes endless abuse and still flies like on rails

A Riot for me - it sustains a lot of damage both in the back of thecar and at the field. And it looks 'used'.

Seconded by a Blackhorse Canter, a brilliant low wing trainer with a Saito 50 that ran inverted till the cows came home. (or did the cows run inverted until I went home...) Thta's the only plane I ever had that I wore out and not totalled!!

Possibly followed by a Libety (Saito 56) and a Pilatus (OS48FS). Of course I have some scale stuff but only when the weather is right!

Had to be my electrocuted artf WOT4, until the 4S LiPos went home (3-4 years of use and abuse!) and shortage of funds made replacements problematical. Still, whatever else goes in the car, there's always the RadJet, standard motor but 4s 1000 LiPos and a 4.1x4.1 prop - flies better and better the more filament tape ( & weight) it acquires, shrugs off wind and turbulence - same goes for my correx Splash Bogey, also always in the car wherever I go flying.

This year it's been my Twisted Hobbys Crack Laser. I can fly it at home whenever the wind drops in the early morning or late evening. As a combination of circumstances and poor weather have kept me from the field lately, it's been a life saver. Next up though is my Wot 4 with a Thunder Tiger 46PRO. In absolute terms this is easily my number one model. I had to build a new fuselage and tail for it as oil seepage was becoming a problem, so I reset the clock on it in 2012 and it's flown 37 hrs 45 mins since then. The wing, however, dates from 1992 and has 146 hours actual flying time on it now. That's including a twelve year lay-off from the hobby when it sat in the garage. I nearly always take it with me as it's the plane I feel most comfortable flying and I use it for practice and to steady my nerves if I've not flown for a while or have something new to fly.

Yes, I know, I'm a nerd, I keep a log of all my flights.