As the Winter building Season Begins.........

Mowerman, your conscious has spoken, you have no idea how virtuous you feel sorting the problem out. And a new model soon ends up as a repair in the corner. Remember, the other option is to scrap the problem. And that is sometimes the way, I have just scrapped a damaged Fairchild PT 19, not because it couldn't be fixed, but did not pass the test "did I like flying it enough", which was the reason it was in the corner, and not on the bench, and messing up the tip, so now it has gone.

Advert

Posted by extra slim on 13/10/2015 14:05:16:

Hey jack, a contact 140??...a pal of mine picked one up from a swap meet and we cant find anything on it anywhere, so wondered whether it was legit. It flys nicely on a Rossi 40 though. yes

Mine was discovered in the depths of my old mans loft. I need to source a new wing for it but it's all there. I have most of the instructions if they would be of use to you?

Rossi 40 eh? The instructions state 40 - 60 2 stroke or 60-90 fs. I have both a gold cup .60 and an O.S fs 90 which i was considering. Interesting to hear it fly's well on a 40 though.

Thanks Jack, I'll have a word with the owner at the weekend, but very kind offer. A rossi 40 and mini pipe is a top draw performance motor so don't read too much into it being a 40. Having seen it the four stroke I reckon would be too hefty, but the gold cup would do a sterling job I reckon...

Well I tend to repair all year. Maybe once they are done I can get to completing one of the many models ive started. I did however purchase a CNC machine from stepcraft and tnis seasons build has begun. Once it's built my partner will never see me again. :/ So far its coming along very smoothly. Everything goes where it should. Although perhaps maybe ill finish my DB PupE this winter

Just finishing off a plan built Limbo Dancer for a bit of fun, then the decks are cleared for my next couple of builds.

Rather taken with the SIG Four Star a fellow flyer was campaigning this year I'm building from the plan a Venture 60 - a bigger version, and the Tony Nijhuis Vampire kit.

Of course the best laid plans of mice and men mean that this could change at any time.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

My first post on here, I'm building a topflite Cessna 182, with saito fs91, quite a challenge but I enjoy building, not such a good pilot so bought a hobbyzone sportsman safe+ for some practice! recently finished (apart from painting) a west wings hawk, made a few mods along the way moved the aileron servo's inboard slightly to be able to use normal mini servo's, bigger dowels on fin, glassed wing joint, magnetic catches on canopy, anyone fancy maidening her?

Well my winter is looking pretty busy as I have to;

Sort Airsail kits - Auster .40, Auster 1/4 scale, Chipmunk, Gas Buggy, Skyroamer, Beaver, Tomahawk II, Evans Volksplane, Voltimer, Skeeta, SEA5a

I also have a couple of large laser projects I need to finish,

As well as sorting my own stuff - Spad VII 1/3 scale, Alby DVa 1/3 scale, Shackleton build, 200% Dawn Flyer, He111, another part build I aquired (I can never remember the name of it), another new aquisition which needs a refurb a Rawle Aviation Partner, sort the Goshawk out, plus my foamie glider and me109 need doing, oh and if I get a sec the Mass Build whatever that turns out to be

Which winter was we finishing in?

Posted by Dylan Reynolds LaserCraft Services on 26/10/2015 18:55:03:

Well my winter is looking pretty busy as I have to;

Sort Airsail kits - Auster .40, Auster 1/4 scale, Chipmunk, Gas Buggy, Skyroamer, Beaver, Tomahawk II, Evans Volksplane, Voltimer, Skeeta, SEA5a

1. I also have a couple of large laser projects I need to finish, (one in particular)

As well as sorting my own stuff - Spad VII 1/3 scale, Alby DVa 1/3 scale, Shackleton build, 200% Dawn Flyer, He111, another part build I aquired (I can never remember the name of it), another new aquisition which needs a refurb a Rawle Aviation Partner, sort the Goshawk out, plus my foamie glider and me109 need doing, oh and if I get a sec the Mass Build whatever that turns out to be

Which winter was we finishing in?

Dylan please note my amendments to your penultimate post Mate wink I trust your properly on the mend

Edited By Phil Winks on 26/10/2015 19:09:16

Spirit of St Louis (91" from Brian Rice's plan)

Vought OS2U Kingfisher (land based version) (58" from Brian Taylor plan)

Both in composite Lite Ply/Depron

The Kingfisher is currently under way and making good progress, the Spirit will carry on in background

Experimenting with HK Covering filtm directly onto depron..... so far so good a few battles with air bubbles but...

Cowl and Tail are film covered

dscf1046.jpg

Well...

Nieuport 17 will need a winter service and some TLC to the undercarriage.

P39 needs an engine change (more power) as well as new fuel system, firewall strengthening and nose leg repairs.

La7 needs winter service and perhaps a new front bearing in the engine. The oleos are a bit sad as well.

Escapade 61 needs a minor service.

Pulse 125 is stripped of covering and is going to be converted into a twin.

1/4 scale Stampe needs its repairs finished following an accident.

Then whatever i decide to do for our club winter build and anything else that gets damaged in the meanwhile!

• 1 month later...

- First task is to tidy the workshop. Now I'm reaching a point where it's tricky even to open the door...

- Finalize the conversion to electric of the Seagull PC9 46

- Finalize a scratch build Turbulent based on the Precedent plan

- The Stampe 1/4 I started three years ago would require some attention

- Ballerina (for the mass build 2016)

- Chapter One for my kid (this and the previous one are joint projects, my kid and I)

- Complete a Kamco Kloudrider with ailerons (just covering)

- I'd like to start a David Anderson Arado AR96 short kit that I bought last year

- I've just found an interesting plan of a 96" Cessna 140 in Outerzone, and I'm getting in love with her, so I may start cutting some formers.

And then, if I have some spare time, I'd like to...breathe!!

Edited By Alejandro Valle Carrillo on 07/12/2015 10:51:56