December 2015 RCME.

ken anderson.

Advert

Hmmmm. That 56" leccy Tiger Moth mentioned on Tim Hooper's Bench Blog going for £125 looks remarkably similar to the one on Hobbyking going for £72 (or £66 if you look for a while and wait for the reduced price to come up) or the one on Banggood (what an awful name!) for £73.

Posted by Tim Hooper on 24/11/2015 21:04:53:
Posted by Andy48 on 23/11/2015 14:55:07:

.....looks remarkably similar to the one on Hobbyking.

Looks identical to me! A bargain for that price - assuming it flies, of course.

Off to read my copy now.

tim

I was hoping you would let us know how well it flies in due course.

Anybody else noticed the clever mix that Dave Burton seems to use for axial rolls? Applying down elevator in the inverted phase changes the undercarriage from trike to taildragger configuration.

I look forward to the next issue for the explanation of why and how he does this

Posted by Phil May on 28/11/2015 12:53:33:

Handsome looking chap on page 10 with his Mig wink

.......................................................................................................................................................

look's like a lad who used to post on the forum here called 'big phil'?

ken anderson...ne...1 ...ID dept.

My copy of the December issue fell into my letterbox just minutes ago, but glancing over the cover It struck me right away: a Schiebe? never heard of it... Checking the table of contents did not clarify it, so on to the article proper. And there it was, Ian Turney-White's magnificent Scheibe SF33.

Now I am aware of the difficulties that foreign ears have with our Dutch ie and ei sounds, but in German the sounds are unmistakable, ie sounds like the English 'ee', while the ei sound is more like 'aye'.

A while ago I have been silently laughing when a competing modeling magazine managed to spell the name of a particular aeroplane in four different ways within the contents of one issue. "Not so with my mag" I thought, but alas......surprise

Max.