Essential RC's videos

I used the new compact Radiomaster Pocket radio together with one of the new Radiomaster ER6G ELRS receivers. Super easy to setup. I'm going to fly with a few models before I give my view on it compared to the TX16S...but so far it's perfect for simple models like this hand launch XFly SU-27. Small monochrome non-touch sensitive screen so more suited to simple EdgeTX model setup. Obviously less switches than the TX16S so more suited to simpler fixed wing models anyway. Main user difference is the trim sticks. Threw me the first time I used them. Had to look down but easy enough once you try. Only $65 with EdgeTX pre-installed and with ELRS protocol. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Andy Stephenson said:

I thought it was probably a function of YT but I always wondered why the originator of the vid couldn't make it run on longer so that the clutter wouldn't cover the interesting content. In other words, have a blank few seconds at the end where the clutter can go without getting in the way.

I would normally add 20 seconds of slow motion or something similar for that exact reason. Just forgot to do it this time.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/11/2023 at 08:36, Dom (Essential RC) said:

Very interesting, I’ve been following the trend in using printed PETG moulds for composites but using PLA moulds for Depron is a great idea. 👍

Great to learn about the increasing uses of 3D printing in our hobby.

Edited by PDB

• 5 weeks later...

There was a vid doing the rounds a few years ago of a scale German WW2 three engines seaplane flying alongside a MPX Twinstar, both FPV equipped.  Even though it was the early days of FPV they were very good at flying in formation and station keeping.  (Goodness knows how much practice they had had).

Your vids show lots of promise, I guess that you will be removing the canopy hoop to give you  a better field of view?  I have always thought that FPV flying with fixed wing would be a very popular extension to the hobby but it hasn't really caught on.  Please keep posting your vids and let us know what equipment you find best to use.

Wishing you success!

Stu

• Like 2