Crashtastic??

Now I don't want to be seen as a party pooper, but I've watched a number of YouTube videos by RC Model Geeks and always wondered at their choice of `patch` which surrounded by 1, a public beach, 2 a beach car park, 3 a busy road with houses on the other side.

Recently they published the following video which confirms my worst fears. Look at the crash 6.10 mins in.

Totally and utterly irresponsible.

For a start the flying site was rediculous and It wasobvious from the conversation that the pilot had never flown anything like that.

Those are the sort of people who think it is a good idea to fly drones (And I am not digging at normal responsible drone pilots) close to airports.

The model owner seems a decent bloke but not clued up on safe flying and being made to look a fool by his so called mates .These idiots are not helping him or the hobby. Have they not heard of flying in front of them ; the model was obviously being flown around the pilot like a control line job ! The site was just not suitable from what was shown . Rc geeks ? A geek is usually very clued up . No name that would be allowed on here to describe these fools. Rc flying RIP . 

Edited By Engine Doctor on 26/07/2016 09:48:30

Yes, I agree, totally irresponsible. Unfortunately parkzone advertisements have had the lone pilot image with no mention of getting help or joining a club, unless they read the instructions and take that bit on board.

Big heavy drones are now on the market for any cashed up novice too,and as PM points out, there is the type of looney that will fly close to airports without understanding the true risks before it becomes a disaster.

What surprises me most of all by these videos by RC Geeks, and there are dozens of them if you look on YouTube, is that if they are flying in a very public area as they are, why would they want to draw attention to it?

That Wot 4 crash could have been very serious, perhaps fatal if someone in their garden had been hit. Imagine the tabloid reaction if it had hit a vehicle on the road and caused an RTA. Why would they want to highlight it?

Posted by Dai Fledermaus on 26/07/2016 10:23:02:

What surprises me most of all by these videos by RC Geeks, and there are dozens of them if you look on YouTube, is that if they are flying in a very public area as they are, why would they want to draw attention to it?

That Wot 4 crash could have been very serious, perhaps fatal if someone in their garden had been hit. Imagine the tabloid reaction if it had hit a vehicle on the road and caused an RTA. Why would they want to highlight it?

Because they are the same type of cretins who post video of themselves doing up to 200 mph on motor bikes on the highway...or driving sports cars at similar speeds.

Looking at the gate and garden the house looks to be unoccupied but at least the next door nieghbour stopped and asked what they were doing.

I wonder if any of these 'modelers' 😱 are BMFA members and have insurance ? Don't get me wrong here I do not want them to join but if they are already members they should be shown the door before we end up paying for a serious claim. 😠 should be reasonably easy to check as they seem happy to publish their names.

Paul.

Proof that you can legislate, publicise, inform, advertise, encourage, cajole and Chacksfield Chat until you're blue in the face about the need to fly safely these days and there will always  be a hard-core who will do it their way and to hell with everyone else. What the hell can you do with them though?

Edited By Cuban8 on 26/07/2016 13:19:47

Posted by Cuban8 on 26/07/2016 13:09:40:

Proof that you can legislate, publicise, inform, advertise, encourage, cajole and Chacksfield Chat until you're blue in the face about the need to fly safely these days and there will always be a hard-core who will do it their way and to hell with everyone else. What the hell can you do with them though?

The authorities should prosecute them, and make sure it is well publicised when they do. It will not prevent all transgressions, but in the long term it is the only approach that can bring about a change in attitudes like those displayed here.

a videos from the same stable and a quotes from the participants

"yeah we did a range check after the crash and discovered a transmitter/receiver fault (BlitzRC) @ 50yds. I was gutted I have flown faster aircraft n built a delta wing from scratch with no plans & that flew beautifully. She took off full power banked round to the left throttle back 3/4 then went to straighten up for flyby then no response from the plane ????"

Edited By Phil 9 on 27/07/2016 12:13:31

"Caution RC Model Geeks May Contain Nuts!

1K views 1 year ago
The RC Model Geeks are a group of aero modellers living on the holiday resort of Hayling Island in the southern United Kingdom. We generally fly whenever the weather and winds are suitable, and sometimes when they are not! Of course we don't always crash, but with the amount of flying we collectively do, there are always the odd mishaps! Which hopefully we capture for all to see.

If you want to come and fly with us feel free to send us a message and I'm sure we will be in touch."

So, I'm gonna contact them, feed em some bovine droppings and see what happens.....