Magazines gone under

Guvnor

Posted by Fun Flyer on 28/09/2016 15:28:08:
Posted by Tony Bennett on 28/09/2016 14:20:23:

ADH have gone under.............

but.............................. Aeromodeller will be continuing under new owners.

And with the same editor I understand.

Hopefully they will honor current subscriptions?

Now, now gentlemen!

We don't all have an event horizon that is totally irrelevant to modern society and 50 years in the past either...... See two sides can play at that game! But its not good or helpful is it? Nor actually is it relevant to this thread. So let's not engage in cheap insults eh?

BEB

How was it an insult BEB? Tom didn't accuse quad flyers of being illiterate - he was merely expressing his ignorance on the matter!

But seriously, I don't think that most intelligent modellers have any real antipathy towards hobbyist quad flyers - it's the casual buyer/flyer who has no interest in aeromodelling and just sees a quad as a means to buzz the neighbour's cat or peek into Mrs Smith's bedroom window who is the concern...

Edited By Martin Harris on 28/09/2016 20:05:38

Talking of tractors the supermarket where I buy my RCM&E (Te*co) has moved the mag from its location with other modelling and aeronautical publications and placed it on the shelf with Farmers Weekly, Hot Tractors and other farm related mags. Suggest the next cover of the mag should include Sean the Sheep to completely blend in with its surroundings.

Well, anyone can have a bad day - or bite back at a remark, particularly if the comment isn't qualified with a smiley. It can be difficult to tell the difference sometimes.

If a mod gets it wrong, the members let us know, be assured of thatsmile

We do keep an eye on each other, honest, as we're aware no-one's perfect....wink 2

Pete

What am I threatening someone with? I say I'll make fun of them, just the same as they are appraerntly claiming to do - only I'll to do it better smile

So all I see is the same "friendly banter" they use but used back at them. Strange how its a "threat" from me but "friendly banter" from others!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 29/09/2016 14:10:56

It was the language used that made it sound threatening, imho, and letting him know you were really good at making jokes at someone else's expense!

Anyway, I see the post has been cleaned up now.

I've never seen Aeromodeller for sale anywhere, other than intermittently at WHSmith. Is there a retailer which would be a better bet to get a copy? I don't really want to subscribe to it, especially after the recent problems!