Modelflying.co.uk is very nearly 10 years old!

Well, believe it or not our beloved forum will celebrate its 10th birthday in the coming months!

We have come a long way in 10 years. Starting from nothing we have over 35,000 members, with in excess of 5,000 unique logins everyday. There are now over 120,000 threads in the archives with over 1 million posts! Those posts cover just about every possible aspect of building, repairing and flying RC model aeroplanes. As an information repository alone the forum is priceless. Add in the fact that it remains a dynamic friendly community continuing to give excellent advice - and yes not a little banter - and it goes from strength to strength.

Of course the main reason the forum is so successful is you - its members, You make it what it is. So, how would you like to mark the occasion of its 10th birthday? In the mods chat-room we have a few ideas - and obviously the mag will be supporting with a special "birthday give away" etc. But are there any other things and ideas you'd like us to set up? Please feel free to give us your ideas and make suggestions below - its our forum - let's mark the occasion our way!

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 05/11/2016 18:37:15

Congratulations to all involved behind the scenes. The site still has a few bugettes that we have got used to over the years but it's still no 1.

How about a fly-in, maybe putting your name to one of the Greenacres ones? Or maybe one of the magazine review models could be put up as a special members prize draw?

• 1 month later...

Yes of course, for this success deserving girls and boys from the shadows ... thanks them from the heart.
I want and I have, once again, a special thanks to Mr. David Ashby, who helped me to become members of the Forum, because when we contacted, the very first time a few years ago, he gave me encouragement ... At the this time I did not know what a laptop looks like (
I do not know much more now.... but still) ......so ...Congratulations to everyone on the upcoming anniversary cake

Jos

Thanks Jossip smile

Yes, it's scary where the time goes and although I don't have the time to look in here very often since taking the helm at the mag', here's to the next 10 years.

More than anything I've made some great friends here. Big thanks go to Timbo for his help in the early days and the mods; Dave, Steve, Pete and Chris of course who've made sure the site is a fair and friendly place for all - something I was keen to promote from a relatively early time - and Beth for the admin work behind the scenes in the last 2 years.

David

According to my researches (Wikipedia) a tenth anniversary should involve gifts made of tin (UK) or possibly aluminium (US) (should that be aluminum?)

So how about a competition for "The most innovative use of tin in a model aircraft."

Hint - although solder contains tin, I would not describe the use of solder, or the use of tinplate for fueltanks. as truly innovative.

Plummet

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 26/12/2016 16:06:33:

Thanks Jossip smile

Yes, it's scary where the time goes and although I don't have the time to look in here very often since taking the helm at the mag', here's to the next 10 years.

More than anything I've made some great friends here. Big thanks go to Timbo for his help in the early days and the mods; Dave, Steve, Pete and Chris of course who've made sure the site is a fair and friendly place for all - something I was keen to promote from a relatively early time - and Beth for the admin work behind the scenes in the last 2 years.

David

Thank you for remembering me David yes

I have very little input to the forum these days for various reasons, but still look in daily to make sure the guys are maintaining things correctly LOL

Well done to all involved, and best wishes to everyone for a great 2017.