So what's 2017 good for .....?

cymaz

Advert

I just wish to have no "how many carrier bag is that" moments. This year I swear, one of my hacks looked like the debris field you see from commercial airliners going down. I am currently building its successor, and it, a Peter Miller Bootlace, is taking shape nicely. But even as I shape and sand, I still can't get me head round it's long life. Why try a daft manouver, at speed, low, upside down. And I have trouble not trying, and I wish to stop breaking hacks.

Getting back into flying my petrol models

Flew mostly electric for last 2 years just for something different to do, it was good, but 30cc size models and above feel and fly much better with an IC engine IMO.

Now building a Sebart 2.2 with a DLE 55, and even considering converting my E Flite Beast to petrol. That should simulate my grey cells up a bit, can't beat an interesting challenge lol !

Ronaldo

1/ Finish what I've started:

- Get Acro Wot airborne and improve flying skills at the patch,

- Get Blaster 3 complete (almost there!) for DLG thermal work from any old field,

- Get Middle Phase kit (aileron wing) out the box, build it properly and get slope soaring.

2/ Start building (and complete in time for this year's BMFA Indoor Nats):

- Peck Polymers 13" span Andreason biplane for Peanut Scale,

- Aerographics 18" span SE5A for Kit Scale.

Posted by ted hughes on 26/12/2016 19:07:17:
Posted by Chris-J on 26/12/2016 16:54:56:

More airframe friendlyÂ

I hate this keyboard!!

Â

It's not the keyboard, you need to disable predictive software.

Tried that, but it's not responding, I'm using  the latest Android keyboard everything is OK but when it posts it gets changed??

I thought it's time to ring in the new. Along with most of you, I'm gonna finish all the unfinished, and NOT start any new kit builds. I have two unopened kits which I keep looking at longingly (Get thee behind me Satan)

Well I'm talking aircraft kits here, but yesterday I ordered what will be my first ever RC boat kit, but I promise not to be seduced just because it's a different challenge, honest, I think!

Happy flying to all,

G

Posted by Chris-J on 27/12/2016 09:26:22:
Posted by ted hughes on 26/12/2016 19:07:17:
Posted by Chris-J on 26/12/2016 16:54:56:

More airframe friendlyÂ

I hate this keyboard!!

Â

It's not the keyboard, you need to disable predictive software.

Tried that, but it's not responding, I'm using  the latest Android keyboard everything is OK but when it posts it gets changed??

It cannot be the keyboard, it only responds to what you type in.

Or is the android keyboard ( I have never heard of it) a device with built-in predictive you can't disable?

Edited By ted hughes on 27/12/2016 13:26:03

How to turn off predictive text on Android
  1. Drag down from the top of the screen twice if you have a recent iteration of Android to bring up the quick settings. ...
  2. Scroll down to Language & input and tap on it. ...
  3. Tap on the name of the keyboard - in this case Google Keyboard and you will see all the available settings.