Weston Park 2017

After at least 3yr hiatus from flying, thanks to buying house/getting married/new job/etc, I finally managed to get back out on the field and did some flying! I bought a good ol' Wot4 foam-e to get in the air quick and brush up on my flying skills.

Now I have a big backlog of aircraft that require maintenance and thus need stuff. I'm thinking of going down to Weston Park show this year and pick up some stuff. However I'm tempted to take off the day at work and go on the Friday this time. As I've never been and heard mixed thing about what is actually around on that day and ready for selling in previous years, is it worth going on a Friday or better on the Sat/Sun?

Admittedly it was quite a few years ago since I heard about Friday so things could very much have changed!

Si.

I just hope that Nik Johnson, the commentator at Weston, sets a sensible volume. I know that sounds like i'm an old fart...well maybe I am, even at 36, but I really don't mind the music or chatter, but not so loud I can't hold a conversation when I'M sat in the chairs on the crowd line.

So, please please set the volume, particularly the voice volume to a sensible level.

Cheers

CB

DB had retired?! Noooooooo

Thanks for the response guys. The fact it's much quieter makes it very tempting to go on Friday. However knowing my luck it'll be a retailer that I want to go to that won't be there then.

In past years I have found that even though Sat/Sun gets busy, it usually is not rammed. Has it got any busier in recent years?

• 2 weeks later...

I paid homage to Weston today beautiful day and a huge number of aircraft to suit all tastes big jets big 3d planes warbirds helicopters drones funbirds explosions in fact as I said something for everyone. Now I know some can't stand jets but I enjoyed them don't really enjoy 3d but had to admire the skill. Not forgetting a Pitts Special popping over and doing a superb display and a favourite of mine a delightful full size Pawnee towing a glider up to height after several circuits before climbing to grease height while being shadowed very close by a Grobb never seen two aircraft so close in flight brilliant stuff. Excellent commentary and 20000 visitors I thoroughly recommend going if you can

Well thoroughly enjoyed Weston Park yesterday, never seen the crowds so big and the flight line filled with such variety. Good variety of trade stands and plenty on offer to look at. Some people have said to expensive but I can't help thinking you get what you pay for sometimes and Weston seemed to offer a lot for the money. My wife was with me and thoroughly enjoyed the day too including a wander around the house and gardens which were superb.

a few pics

weston 1.jpg

weston 2.jpg

weston 3.jpg

weston 6.jpg

weston 5.jpg

Roll on Weston 2018!

Really was an awesome show this year. Spent the day on the flight line 4K filming most of the action which I will post on my video thread here (**LINK**) but this is a quick cropped still of one highlight....I think it was about the length of a Cadbury's Flake from the deck at about 200mph!. Epic precision jet flying.

Edited By Dom (Essential RC) on 18/06/2017 17:57:20

OK, I'l bite. A great day out, but:

1) I didn't think there was the variety of previous years.

Where were the Bishop boys reds, the big WW11 models and others?

2) The trades stands are getting thinner.

Take away the non-model stalls and food stands and it's really thin.

Nothing like as bad as Long Marston a few weeks ago, but I think there needs to be some serious thinking done about getting more unusal models lying along with encouraging more trade...

I went yesterday and overall thought it was a good show 100% better than LM. I thought there were a few more traders there this year and the flying was good but it seemed to me that there were fewer models there although the variation was good. The LMA show at Cosford is next one i'll be attending lets hope that will be as good as previous years.

Went sunday the only time i get, Not bad but only a third of the pilots remaining by 1pm, seems like a majority that displayed friday and saturday didnt fly sunday from what i heard, Also shocked at the sudden price rise at the gate compared to last year, Bit over the top for a model show i thought.

Edited By stevejet66 on 19/06/2017 11:27:24