Black Friday deals

Advert

Pete W, Not sure you are correct winkas I bought a Skipper reduced by £20 from the EU warehouse earlier in the week. £20 off + free shipping could not resist. However when checking out via PP it kept adding on £5.92. Bought it anyway then contacted HK via web chat and credit promptly followed. This was followed by a very apologetic email for their error and included a 10% voucher for my trouble.

Yes a pain that checkout did not work as advertised but can't fault their speed in righting the over payment and a complementary 10% off next order which they offered un prompted. yes

Hi Ace ,

yes like you I got to check out and it wanted the postage £5 or so but the click and collect from the warehouse was free ,

So I just aborted the deal , rather than pay the postage ,

A year ago they sent me a £10 voucher , but when I tried to use it they said it was a hoax , They did give it to me in the end but what a lot of hassle ,

Might have another go tomorrow if I have the nerve !

cheers

A puzzle, HobbyKing on an order this week said free shipping. And charged me 6 Euro on 200 Euro. Not really too bothered, as I got a load of stuff at good price. So did not object. . But today I had the postage returned.

So we can sum HK as an organisation. Dipsy, dozy, really annoying. But a little honest, not half bad.

Web site still sucks.

Seconding DonF:

HK's FREE SHIPPING IS ACTUALLY GENUINE. I placed my order and all screens showed 'free shipping' until I got to Paypal and found the freight added. Placed order anyway as I need the parts, then next day received Apology email blaming Paypal for adding back the freight, a full freight REFUND and a discount voucher code for my next purchase. Pretty GOOD customer service I reckon... Good one HK!

Happy Customer (who just has to find something expensive that I didn't realise I needed, to buy with my discount)

See on the videos people pushing into an Asda, squashing people and turning into a mob then a stack of microwaves being stripped, without people looking at the prices.

Are people really that stupid, looks like it is. Went into Asda to get some muffins and looked around, but nothing special, noticed a camera which was the same price last month, it said £50 off, but don't know where they got the £50 from - then noticed it was the old version, which would be cheaper, anyway.

I tend to buy all the home electrical in town. They keep your receipt on their computer records..so if you loose it, no problem. Free installation and delivery. Excellent customer service is worth a little bit extra sometimes especially when it comes to a big tv or washing machine

Posted by Percy Verance on 25/11/2017 12:04:52:

I'm looking to buy a new tv in the not too distant future, and I've spotted several bargains, or what seem like bargains online. I'll resist though, because I'll probably go fairly local when I do buy. There's a small Euronics warehouse about 40 minutes drive from me, and the particular tv I'm looking at ( a 50 inch Panasonic job) is about £50 more from them than it is online. I'm thinking that for £50 difference, if I have any problems I can at least take it back there and place it on their counter. The logistics and carrier charges of returning a tv to an online supplier will be frightening I'd have thought......

I like Panasonic, but we also have a few Samsung TV’s. Under the Samsung warranty they come to you if the TV is over a certain size, 32” I believe.

Take your own dvd/ blu ray into a shop and get them to play it. A film you know really well and know the picture quality. The rule of thumb used to be that viewing distance was 4x screen height ( not diagonal). It’s not easy to compare TVs in an electronic store. The lighting is far too bright compared to home.