BMFA Online Membership portal open for 2018 membership renewals

Advert

Posted by Andy Symons - BMFA on 06/10/2018 10:52:42:
Posted by Frank Skilbeck on 06/10/2018 10:51:45:

Got my log in e-mail and signed up a new member yesterday all went very smoothly.

Excellent!!

Used to be able to see St Austell DMC admin ...now can’t log in. Andy, please can I have a link

no email received, but I have logged in & the club admin bit isn't working for me so have emailed admin@

the club that I do the memberships for has quite a few members who are either country members or who do their membership through other clubs. does the BMFA expect/want club admins to add these members to the club via the portal, or for members to do this themselves, or some combination of these?

Posted by Cuban8 on 06/10/2018 16:48:00:

Clicking on 'club profile' greys the screen and brings up an 'args is undefined' box with the option to OK this. Teething troubles I suppose, will take a while to settle down.

I had that too. mail admin@ & Andy will sort it for you.

Posted by John Privett on 06/10/2018 18:57:30:

Somebody (andyh I think) asked earlier whether club admins should now start adding their members whose BMFA membership is with other clubs. Any guidance, Andy S?

AndyS replied to me in email, so I hope he won't mind me quoting it here:

"A mixture of both [admins & members adding non-primary members/clubs] is good, both ways require approval from the other party, you will need the members date of birth and either their membership number or email address to add them to your club list. They then receive an email with a link to confirm they are a member and happy to share their data with you. If they add themselves to your club you will also receive notification and have to approve them as a member."

Hi has anyone logged into this new portal yet? I received two emails about it. the first, last Friday was clearly addressed to a club officer/ committee member. the second, today is subtly different and is aimed I think at ordinary BMFA members.

The first makes it clear that membership secretaries should find it easier to renew members using this portal. the second email would seem to suggest that everyone will renew on line.

Or am I being thick? (don't answer that I know the answer)

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 08/10/2018 15:28:11

I got one earlier and logged in, took a good hour before the password reset came through.

Don't think my local club has gotten their e-mail yet as it's not on my list of affiliate clubs.

Not a great deal of content on the events and training calendar yet, in fact there's ziltch!

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 08/10/2018 15:25:42

Funnily enough I have just got the second email and reset my password. On signing in I can't find anything about clubs renewing or checking members status (I do the club renewals). Just checked my spam and bulk mail boxes and nothing aimed at commities is showing up. My club is not listed on the Southeast map but the screen tells me which club I am a member of - correctly and also that I am a member of the club in the next town 8 miles away - incorrectly

Glad I'm not the only one who is confused but it is early days yet.

John

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 08/10/2018 15:24:55

I note what you say Andy. However, as a Country member I got the original email in September advising members that changes were afoot and new log in details will be sent to me. This hasn't happened and presumably, as you say in your post, my not being a club member I shan't be invited by email to renew unless I misunderstood the process. So what do I do next? Use the old dog-and-bone to do it or join the LMA?!! wink

Edited By Adrian Smith 1 on 08/10/2018 15:34:12

Logged on to the new portal - very nice, easy to use.

Unfortunately the portal club finder has lost all the clubs in Yorkshire!

Andy - could you look at what the portal says is within 50 miles of Leeds / Bradford, and compare it with the old club finder - the difference is in double figures...

Or are you expecting Yorkshire to declare independence and form it own YMFA laugh.

Steve.