I ordered some bits and pieces from SLEC Sunday evening. Monday I had an email to say the bits had been dispatched. Considering the snowy weather forecast for the east coast I thought there might be a delay getting the parts. 3.15 this afternoon a plain white van pulled up outside and my package arrived. It was a large package as there was a 1200 x 400 sheet inside plus various strip wood. Extremely well packed. Well done to Slec and TNT couriers (according to the label), if the weather was as bad in Norfolk as forecast. My first time using their mail order system and now on my list of suppliers.

John

Advert

+1 for SLEC... Their service is second to none, great value and great product lines....and lots of free advice too....had an issue when assembling a T180, a quick phone call resolved my issues

No affiliation other than a satisfied customer( even though another John Rudd was a staff member...)

Posted by John Tee on 27/02/2018 17:37:09:

I ordered some bits and pieces from SLEC Sunday evening. Monday I had an email to say the bits had been dispatched. Considering the snowy weather forecast for the east coast I thought there might be a delay getting the parts. 3.15 this afternoon a plain white van pulled up outside and my package arrived. It was a large package as there was a 1200 x 400 sheet inside plus various strip wood. Extremely well packed. Well done to Slec and TNT couriers (according to the label), if the weather was as bad in Norfolk as forecast. My first time using their mail order system and now on my list of suppliers.

John

Yes SLEC are good, I've always been happy with them.

However, I'm afraid that for me they do not win this weeks prize! Ordered some tools from Align yesterday at about 13:00, delivered today at 11:30 - least than 24 hours. And that was their standard delivery. Impressive. Oh, yeah,...." You don't get this from the far east".... Really? Align are a Taiwanese company as far as I know - OK, this comes from their UK warehouse - but still a far east company!

BEB

Well if we are playing 'beat that'.........

On Sunday 19 Feb last year at the flying site one of the members had a rather smart LiPo bag, bought via Ebay. After I got home that evening - Sunday remember - I ordered one.

It arrived the following morning, just over 12 hours later, via Amazon distribution.

Tom Sharp 2.

I was not so much praising SLEC for their quick service, I knew this from other posts. The fact was from where I live in West Sussex there was only 15mm of snow but all the news reports were saying the east coastal areas were going to be innundated with snow and to get my bits that quickly was good service assuming that they got anywhere near the snow forecast. There are other threads for complaining about lack of service. As my tenpin bowling has been cancelled tommorrow due to the threat of snow and two other events I was going to at the weekend have also been cancelled I can now spend some extra productive time in my workshop due to some strangers to me doing their jobs very efficiently.

Keep praising good service.

John

I totally agree with what everyone is saying about SLEC service, but no one has mentioned their prices, I buy all my stock of balsa, ply and light ply at 3 shows during the year, this will cover my building over that period, some times I run out of the odd size of wood that I need to complete a build , I go to the LMS who also use SLEC for their wood supplies and the cost is almost double what I pay at the shows, I know that this could spell the demise of the local shops, but I build probably 6-8 models a year (Chris Gold Defiant, Nijhouse Zero, English Electric Canberra, Scottish aviation Bulldog, plus 2 old timers) all build last year ,so the saving in costs on balsa stock plus bits like snakes, hinges,small metal items etc is to me considerable so keep up the good work SLEC.