Interesting reply from email to Richard Moriarty, CAA

I just want to get off this 'clown world' I've had enough, more than enough! I had my doubts and concerns about issues and things that were happening in the world long before the referendum. Leading up to it by 4 months I started to educate myself about the working and history of this very questionable organisation. This was the start of my journey of revelation. Many red pills and too many rabbit holes to count later I find myself in utter despair over the state of just about everything. I would get instantly thrown off here if I start to go into just some of the issues. Suffice to say I am truly amazed how easily the majority of people readily swallow the lies, falsehoods, deceptions and propaganda they are feed on virtually every aspect of life and events. Nobody seems to question anything and do their own research. This latest nonsense, along with a couple of other current issues, just takes the biscuit. All this to demonstrate about something, AGW Anthropogenic Global Warming caused by man made CO2, that is not even real. I wish I had done the other option when I retired, purchased a boat and sailed off.

Destinations would not be populated ones. The best ones are isolated bays with nobody but you there and no fees of course. You can find such places just about anywhere, as I know. Coastal hoping , anchoring up in isolated bays is the best type of sailing IMO.

Anyhow enough of my problems of dealing with this 'clown world' we live in now, back to aeromodelling.

Re the threatened Heathrow protest, you would like to think that someone in either the Gvt, CAA or Dft would stop and think about how the new laws would have stopped this, like, actually we've made a mistake the new laws will do absolutely nothing to prevent it at all but we've claimed the new laws are required to stop another incident like Gatwick, which they won't.

That though would require thinking and some soul searching, easier to carry on and spend millions and achieve nothing at all.

As the saying goes, "there are none more blind than those that will not see".

Gonzo, have a lie down in a cool place. If you are suggesting climate change is not caused by our efforts, you are barking mad. Full stop. Go back to your echo chamber. Sorry, you fly aircrraft, I respect that, but that statement gets challenged.

Don, I could write reams on this with references, not just statements from the media etc. I've read many scientific papers, researched the geological climate history, planetary cycles, solar cycles and many other sources of factual evidence over years. This nonsense of man made climate change has become something of a 'religion' that those who believe it defend with a 'religious fervour. I can't believe that anyone who has looked into this objectively and not just relied on the statements in the media and reportedly from the IPCC can believe this. I could post many links and have done on other forum that people just don't read, so a waste of my time. So, how accurate was Al Gore's film then? What is the % of CO2 in the atmosphere and how much of it is man made? At what level of CO2 do all plants die and what is the current level? What happens to plant growth with higher levels of CO2? Has the level of CO2 been much(very) higher in this past interglacial period(holocene)? Has the temperature been higher in this same time period(about 15,000 years, depends when you take the start due to the 'younger dryas' )? Don't forget there were no factories, cars or planes just a few hundred years back. Just a few very simple questions for you to start to look into. If you do you may start to question the AGW religion. I hope you do.

Edited By GONZO on 31/05/2019 22:06:48

Edited By GONZO on 31/05/2019 22:07:25

Posted by Percy Verance on 31/05/2019 14:24:58:

if they tried that in somewhere like China, they'd end up doing 20 years in a hard labour camp. No trees to hug there. Don't these people have jobs to go to? I also wonder how many have flown off on holiday somewhere?

Edited By Percy Verance on 31/05/2019 14:39:17

or how many have had their mums drive them to Heathrow in the Chelsea tractorangry 2

Edited By Gordon Nicol on 01/06/2019 07:44:54

It is said though, that I can drive my old Land-Rover for a year on the fuel needed to transport me across the Atlantic and back just once.

P.S. The only aircraft I have been up in in the last twenty years was a Tigermoth.

Oh Don, really, is that it? No logical defence of your position and/or a reasoned attack on mine. Just 'ad hominem' attacks and a trite comment attempting to ridicule me and my position. I'm a very bad debater, especially on forums, but this was a 'no contest'. Please spend some time and choose to look into this with an open mind. I'm sure that at the very least you will have some doubts.

Back to the topic. This could all be an empty threat by 'Extinction Rebellion' to get extra publicity(I really hope so) and virtually the same effect not doing it as doing it due to the fear factor on the travelling public. As an additional little task for those of an inquiring mind, investigate and find out who are the few people behind this organisation and specifically the 'main man' and his past movements. Its generally just a small group of 'movers and shakers' who use the majority who are just 'useful fools'.

Gonzo. I have no children, but have nephews who have, so I have some stake in the future. The overwhelming balance of opinion in the worlds scientific community is that human efforts on earth will result in between serious and catastrophic climate change. Now you can bet your great, or grandchildren's lives you are right. I would say that is a fool's bet, when alternative actions are possible.

well,iv'e had the crystal ball out and had a look at the state of play in two years time...………....

the BMFA has greatly reduce membership numbers due to all the complicated procedures in place and the prohibitive costs involved in flying model aircraft

the rogue drone (unlawful) flying is still a problem as people are still buying/flying them where they are not allowed, claiming they didn't realise they were breaking any laws etc.

a government spokesman said "we have rules/regs in place, we'll have to look at them in due course to see how we can enforce them better"....but as they are they are proving impossible to police etc....

and finally the RC market is in dire straights as more and more suppliers/shops close as the hobby is dead in the water...…..but there has been a surge in Stamp collecting of all things....who would have predicted that.

ken anderson......ne....1...RIP... RC modelling/crystal ball dept.

ps...I agree with steve J's last post above...… can we have some concrete info please

Posted by Doc Marten on 02/06/2019 12:38:42:
Posted by Don Fry on 02/06/2019 05:54:23:

........ The overwhelming balance of opinion in the worlds scientific community is that human efforts on earth will result in between serious and catastrophic climate change......

Not true......unless you only read the most pessimistic reports, you'll find that the more balanced scentific reports will use the effects of volcanic activity and the Earths resilience to the climate change caused by that as a comparison of present human activity.......mass extinction has happened many, many times in the Millenia long before Humans evolved into anthing capable of using a stick and sharp stone.

Edited By Doc Marten on 02/06/2019 13:08:34

97%support, source, NASA.