Good news thread.

I'm just back from a lovely lunch. Went on an electric bike, ( beloved's cast off, very nice bike, but I do envy her new bike, carbon frame, 12 kg all up). Wall to wall sunshine, superb food, good Bordeaux to drink, very shapely and pleasant waiter. And beloved allowed me to look. And on the way back let the leccy take the strain.

I am very lucky

Weather here yesterday was warm and the sun was shining. . I took an electric powered (vegetarian) glider to the field for some relaxing trundling around in the sky.

After a climb of 15 seconds, it caught a thermal whereupon it instantly soared up to 399ft wink

The thermal activity was good and my glider stayed up there for over an hour. . . . Good game.

Our local farmers can't believe their luck. The barley and wheat is coming in big time, hay everywhere, no rain for at least 10 days, no storms.

30° plus every day, so the trundle of harvesters, and all the rest of the kit, is the wake up call of a morning, at first light.

Posted by Don Fry on 10/07/2019 13:33:24:

I'm just back from a lovely lunch. Went on an electric bike, ( beloved's cast off, very nice bike, but I do envy her new bike, carbon frame, 12 kg all up). Wall to wall sunshine, superb food, good Bordeaux to drink, very shapely and pleasant waiter. And beloved allowed me to look. And on the way back let the leccy take the strain.

I am very lucky

Thou art surely blessed. I am on my Humble Giant Defy today. Weather is great, shorts not longs. LOL

D.D.

Mind, back to earth, afternoon walk with the dogs. A neighbour, John-Giles, sitting on the steps to his house, taking the air and river, views me in my Michael Portillo like finery.

"Whats up" he says, " you normally look like a tramp" Cheers John-Giles.

Flew the Albatross yesterday evening in perfect weather...some dodgey landings but oh well!

On the bike to work in sun this morning......home in heavy rain, was still nice if a bit wet.....good to see Dwain Dibbley enjoyed spin! Have Planet X titanium pro road meself, 2nd hand but fantastic so far! Lets see what weather does tomorrow! If I stay dry on way in or way home its a win!

I have been immortalised in paint! Well it is on a toilet wall and will probably get graffitied, but it is the thought that counts. I was flying my Radian down at the park when a painter turned up to paint a mural on the toilets. His brief from the Council was to paint a mural reflecting park activities. He wandered around taking photos of various things and asked if he could take a pic of me flying the Radian to be included in the mural - I figured it would be good PR and told him to go ahead. Came out pretty good and gives me a chuckle every time I see it.

tauhara.jpg

Posted by john stones 1 on 11/07/2019 19:59:05:
Posted by David Davis on 11/07/2019 17:32:04:

England bowled out Australia for 223 in the Semi-Final of the Cricket Woirld Cup then proceeded to score 226 for 2 in only 38.1 overs!

They face New Zealand in the final.

Yep, and on free to view channel. smiley

Excuse me, but this is the Good News Thread.

Not the Optimist Thread !

wink 2

Posted by kevin b on 11/07/2019 20:07:16:
Posted by john stones 1 on 11/07/2019 19:59:05:
Posted by David Davis on 11/07/2019 17:32:04:

England bowled out Australia for 223 in the Semi-Final of the Cricket Woirld Cup then proceeded to score 226 for 2 in only 38.1 overs!

They face New Zealand in the final.

Yep, and on free to view channel. smiley

Excuse me, but this is the Good News Thread.

Not the Optimist Thread !

wink 2

Nah, they got to the final so it's on for free, good one day team England, Kiwis will be no pushover though.