hobbyking web site

Advert

And they have gone back to the original system where any change to the filters results in an immediate change to the products displayed rather than being able to select multiple filers and then hit "apply". At lest it seems to be running a bit quicker.

Edited By Shaun Walsh on 27/06/2019 07:01:50

I ordered a load of Lipos on Sunday, and found the site had improved. Easier to select the different sizes and capacities, although tha capacity filter wasn't very accurate - I had to broaden the limits beyond the size I wanted to find the sizes I wanted.

The site did seem faster, and I placed the order with no trouble, and everything turned up on Wednesday. Oh, and the voucher code they sent me worked, too. Happy days!

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered 2 x 6s lipos from the UK warehouse on Weds 17th, at £120 + £20 postage, supposedly 48hr,

Received an email this morning telling me of a delay in sending my items due to dangerous goods, This is what they say.

"Our sincere apologies for the delay with your order . We have made a follow up regarding this and was told by the warehouse that we are experiencing delays in shipment of orders that has dangerous item on it.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and delay. We are implementing measures to ensure that this does not happen again.

Your order will be picked up by GC distribution by Tuesday 23th July, 2019. and will be available for delivery within 3-5 days. Thank you for your understanding. Please also review your valid number given in this order as the Courier will contact you 1 hour before delivery. Failing to do so and not being able to sign for the parcel will result in re-delivery charges. If you intend to have your neighbor sign for your parcel, please also advise us so we may relay this information to our courier."

What annoys me is that exactly the same thing happened to me at the beginning of the year with 2 x Lipos, so they still not got it sorted when posting out lipo. At the end of the day I have paid good money to have them sent to me. angry

Posted by malmaz on 19/07/2019 10:12:52:

I ordered 2 x 6s lipos from the UK warehouse on Weds 17th, at £120 + £20 postage, supposedly 48hr,

Received an email this morning telling me of a delay in sending my items due to dangerous goods, This is what they say.

"Our sincere apologies for the delay with your order . We have made a follow up regarding this and was told by the warehouse that we are experiencing delays in shipment of orders that has dangerous item on it.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and delay. We are implementing measures to ensure that this does not happen again.

Your order will be picked up by GC distribution by Tuesday 23th July, 2019. and will be available for delivery within 3-5 days. Thank you for your understanding. Please also review your valid number given in this order as the Courier will contact you 1 hour before delivery. Failing to do so and not being able to sign for the parcel will result in re-delivery charges. If you intend to have your neighbor sign for your parcel, please also advise us so we may relay this information to our courier."

What annoys me is that exactly the same thing happened to me at the beginning of the year with 2 x Lipos, so they still not got it sorted when posting out lipo. At the end of the day I have paid good money to have them sent to me. angry

Weird - thought if you ordered more then £40's worth - delivery was free and tracked. Ordered stacks of batteries never paid any postage and always on time ! Perhaps the EU warehouse !!

Don't know what the website is like your side of the Atlantic but here if you click on an item on say page three to check it out when you hit the back button it takes you all the way back to page one, a real pain in the rear, the original site was never that complicated, have they not heard the saying " if it ain't broke don't fix it "..

I would not say a breeze to use, clunky, but not the shambles it is now. I like their stuff, but an order is always;

Time to spare, check

Patience to sort out the inevitable two or three warehouse on one order problem, check

And some of the search options, surely do not relate to anything ever needed by a modeller, or an artist, or a robot builder. Just a techi, building a website, in a hurry, on basic wages.

And lately, we have discount codes. I had one, as a favoured customer, we love you. It equated to Zip, I believe the Americium marketing waffle goes.

Posted by Bill Reed on 19/07/2019 19:24:00:

David, I think you will find that is caused by a APP. The APP is being bought by wives to limit our spending .

I will investigate. If that is so, someone will be suffering a cutback on handbags, shoes, and diamonds. Mind, perhaps, if I'm brave enough.

Posted by Richard Acland on 19/07/2019 18:08:10:

The original Hobbyking website was a breeze to use, then for some unknown reason they decided to upgrade it. Things have never been the same since and despite endless tweaks it is still worse than the original website

I agree, it did work well but it is still streets ahead of some UK modelling sites I can think of (no names though). If you are searching for a particular product just google it and add 'Hobbyking' to the search. Their own search engine is very poor, to put it mildly, but their website is not alone in this respect.

As far as discount codes are concerned Don, all I can say is, it worked for me! I bought one of these recently as I thought it very good value and I have a weakness for civil aircraft twins. With another £17.50 (cos they love me wink 2) discount, I thought it even better value, especially with the free shipping. I was very pleasantly surprised by the great quality when this fab model arrived. smiley The colour scheme may be a matter of taste for some. crook

Yea, you are probably right Piers. Like you I like their stuff, but I had this I love ❤️ you email, and when I tried to sort out what it meant,i.e. The discount, not recognised.

Probably a good idea. A smaller spend is not to be discounted as a bad idea. Perhaps not HK's idea.

Hi All

Just an update regarding my order of 2x Lipos from the UK warehouse.

I emailed a complaint regarding the delay in sending me my order, this was the reply:

https://hobbyking.zendesk.com/system/photos/3604/3376/9254/hobbyking.com-logo.png

Bill A (HobbyKing Support Centre)

Jul 22, 12:05 EDT

Hi Malcolm,

I have sent your comments/suggestions to the appropriate departments.
Please understand that this will continue to occur when you choose Parcelforce as a courier when shipping dangerous items like batteries, glue, paints and fuel
(Our system cannot reject a courier selection based on the goods involved)
But If the contacted departments have any further questions or feedback for you , they will contact you directly.
That being said....

Unfortunately ParcelForce courier service did not want to transport the Batteries in this order
due to the fact that they are now classified as hazardous materials and they were sent instead
by GC Distribution Ltd (courier service ) instead.
You can have the new courier track this parcel and possibly arrange a better delivery
by contacting the courier directly with the info below
Phone contact seems to work best!

GC Distribution Ltd
Botany Way,
Beacon Hill Industrial Estate,
Purfleet RM19 1SR
PH 01708 863323
**LINK**

Respectfully Yours,
Bill A (USCS)
HobbyKing Support Team

In The first paragraph they say ( Please understand that this will continue to occur when you choose Parcelforce as a courier when shipping dangerous items like batteries, glue, paints and fuel
(Our system cannot reject a courier selection based on the goods involved)

I sent a reply saying on checkout I did not have any other option other than collect them myself from the UK warehouse.

I think from now on I will give Hobbyking a miss and give my custom to other outlets.

Edited By malmaz on 22/07/2019 18:56:07