Where have all the Lipos gone?

tigerman

Advert

Are we likely to see Lipo supply issues as Lithium demand goes through the roof for Electric vehicles?

I'm keeping hold of my glow engines. Methanol isn't likely to run out and can even be a by product of biomass energy. I suspect that glow powered models are actually a greener option when the whole product lifecycle is taken into account.

My favoured supplier - G-Power packs from Gliders UK -is currently waiting on new stock.

However there looks to be plenty of stock in some outlets - Leeds Model Shop for example

Leeds Model Shop Lipos

So, no need to panic, LiPos will continue to remain as a very usable power supply for flying models, as well as the myriad of other uses to which they are put.

Posted by Chris Walby on 15/10/2020 17:18:00:

Funny how people forgot my post

4Max

PPL-40C3S-2200 11.1V 2200mAh

166g

40C
(88A)
80C
(17A)
£22.50

Edited By Chris Walby on 15/10/2020 17:21:21

Donl' know about anyone else, but I didn't forget your post - you correctly said that the 4-max site was showing many lipos out of stock and expecting delivery in October. That;s what it said when I checked and bough a motor a couple of weeks ago, when I was also looking for a lipo.

Posted by SIMON CRAGG on 15/10/2020 17:49:57:

For reasons that I have never really understood, 5s lipos have always been thin on the ground. Is there a reason that they appear to be not that popular?.

However, they are generally cheaper for some obscure reason!

For many uses, people seem to like running 2 skinnier packs in series to get to the higher voltages. Like, 2+3=5, 3+3=6.

For reasons that I have never really understood, 5s lipos have always been thin on the ground. Is there a reason that they appear to be not that popular?.

There seem to be plenty of 5s packs at the CNHL EU warehouse, and at reasonable prices, I recently bought 4 x 5s packs to make into 10s packs, - ordered on Monday and they arrived on Friday from the EU warehouse, so a decent service as well.

Dick

I've got a few 5s1p lipos, which I have replaced some of my 6s1p 4200mah packs on models that are well overpowered on the more modern 5 cell packs than the modest 20C 6s1p packs. They are a bit more compact and for most of my larger models I don;t actually need the extra cell.