Dane RC - Leprechaun XL

1 hour ago, Dwain Dibley. said:

Shame about the ESC Ron, but what a Beauty.

What a whopper too, now you have given it some scale mate.

Well done.

D.D.

It was my own fault D.D, not only had the esc packed up but so did an aileron servo, too much of a coincidence. Upon further investigation I found that when I wired up the 4-Max MaxLoc connectors I made a mistake of reversing the pos and neg wires for the aileron servo, how that slipped through the net I just don’t know as I ‘always’ double check connections and I was sure that I had also checked the servos after I had made the connections, obviously not.

Fortunately I had another esc and also servos so the problems were rectified, but not without some difficulty. Whilst the model is somewhat large the fuselage is quite narrow and deep so getting to the esc is difficult (I fitted the original one before I covered it). 

Actually the delay gave me time to program in various mixes for it, I only had basic settings yesterday but now it's more along the lines of what I will be using, throttle stick controls throttle and air brakes with curves on each so I have a mid stick 'safety' zone, ailerons mixed with rudder, air brakes mixed with ailerons and elevator. Will add others later after I find out how it flies. Also heard from Michael at Dane-RC with some advice for the maiden!

• Like 1

Back up to the field today as the sun was shining and the wind had dropped from yesterday - maiden flight (uncut). I will be checking the telemetry to see if i had low signals when I got the low telemetry warnings.

Edited by Ron Gray
  • Like 5

Well done Ron! You've made a fine job of the model and it flies as you would expect it to. Very impressive. Mid you, I'd soon get fed up with that posh bird telling me that the telemetry has been lost and recovered.

I have exactly the same voice in my Spektrum DX9. Is she real or is she computer generated?

• Thanks 1

Thanks David and It did annoy me too so I will be checking the telemetry read outs today to see what the issue was. If, as EB says above, it’s a faulty Rx I have another one which I will replace it with.

Edited by Ron Gray

My mate Mike who provided launching services (as a penance for running over my starter motor the day before) said that once it started going he couldn’t really hang on to it! Going to be interesting to see how I manage a solo effort!

• 1 year later...