YA Spitfire Mk XIV

david tilbury

Retracts in, rudder glued, stand tested.....so just need to cycle the retracts/air system, test the motor battery combination and spray a satin sealer......just waiting upon a couple of cans my from local hobby shop.

m_P1170099.jpg

m_P1170100.jpg

m_P1170101.jpg

m_P1170102.jpg

m_P1170103.jpg

m_P1170107.jpg

Edited by david tilbury
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Chris.....yep those were the days......seems a long time ago now...lol

Yes...RM927 flew at Flying Legends.........missed it as i was seeing a rather nice Me 262 fly....:-)

Entire airframe now washed...surprising when you think I used one Humbrol black wash bottle ......not much bigger than the normal size tinlet....for the rudder and elevators I thinned the wash down 50% so hardly any black went on them......easier to clean as well.....very subtle....

Can't wait now for a nice day to take some hopefully good photos up the field and of course the maiden.....weathers been very windy again with rain.....probably the worst July on record here in the UK...smiley11.gif

I remember seeing Brian Taylor's 83" spitty at the Nats quite a few years back and he had a fantastic job on the exhausts.....I need to do something similar with my airbrush and light grey/off white paint....like below...it's almost like smoke

m_exhaust.jpg

m_P1170116.jpg

m_P1170118.jpg

m_P1170119.jpg

m_P1170120.jpg

m_P1170121.jpg

Edited by david tilbury
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello,dear modelling friend !

l would like to send you this mail today from Germany,because l have the following question for you.l have read in the forum your model builduing report of the construction of your Spitfire,which scale is that.Since l am building a complete cockpit of the spitfire 1:5,l am looking for such printrd parts as switches,starter buttons etc.as you see in your pictures.Could l buy it from you,is it also 1:5.would be very much appreciated.l would be very pleased to receive a  message from you,l could pay the parts paypal bezahlen.Es grüßt Sie ein modellbaufreund ( modelling friend aus Germany

Reiner Schmidt

As you're in Germany and David hasn't been on here recently, have a look at https://www.aerocockpit.com/ - I've bought from them and they are excellent quality.

They do a variety of individual items or sets - https://www.aerocockpit.com/supermarine-spitfire-mkix--3017-5- might be of particular interest?

If you're really interested in scale details https://www.aerocockpit.com/supermarine-spitfire-mkix-side-panels-kit--3017-1-5-