Buying standard servos online

If you are buying standard servos online ..... say hitec or futaba ...... can you confidently buy through Amazon or are you likely to end up with cheap knock off servo's? Do you have to stick with the main, reputable stores ?

Toto

If I'm buying New Servos I use Nexus Modelling Supplies , Rapid RC or Inwood Model & for second hand i use a guy I've been dealing with for many years who buys & sells on ebay known as Flying Widget Supplies/ Jed Warren and a friend in my club that buys and sells a  little

Edited by GaryWebb

Thanks everyone.

To date it's always been the usual well known shops. Kings Lynn Models being my usual go to place.

Ron .... I do have some Savox already as recommended by Steve at KLM.

Thanks for the replies, you just confirmed what I suspected.

Toto

Do a search on the forum re fake servos. Ive come across them a few times at our club. All were bought online at "Bargain price" . Thats the giveaway but theres nothing yo say an unscrupulous seller wont charge a higher price  !  Buy from either a reputable stockist or buy used from a clubmate. Amazon , Ebay or Aliexpress use multiple suppliers and dont know or I suspect care who are trustworthy so long as they get their commission . Sure they will repay you if you can prove products are faulty but wont compensate for injury or loss of model some months later .

Most of us have a draw full of servos ..... just in case 🙂.

I have just looked on well known auction site and supposedly Futaba 3003 servos are still being sold for an bargain price of £13. 18 . Please do t be fooled they are dangerous rubbish.

Amazon is strait up fraud. Swmbo bought a (nother ) genuine leather handbag. Suspicious, handed to me. Now leather is leather. Plastic melts. So I branded fake on it. Contacted Amazon. They proposed I paid more money to return a fake, when their seller is guilty of a criminal fraud. Eventually they agreesd to pay my cost to return, and refund all costs.

and then, when the thief continued to sell the item, complaints to Amazon were ignored. So a fake servo is just another profit, banked in Eire or Luxembourg, so they can steal the tax due. Rant over. 

Many thanks Don.

How good it is to be enlightened. I sort of suspected that they were in " ba " deep but you just need more and more examples to confirm and drive it home. The unfortunate thing is ...... we have allowed them to completely flood the market and drive any competition out. There is no way back that I can see. 

Toto