No plans as such - veneered foam wing, built up balsa and ply fuselage with ABS mouldings for the cowl, but Mick Reeves sports scale FW190 D is the right sort of size for what you are after. They aren't available from Mick Reeves anymore, but do crop up on ebay from time to time.

• Like 1

I think the lads are right John ,  The Topflite one was also 10cc size at around63" . 

It would be easy to scale one up as they are pretty straight forward . Dont have many lumps and bumps either so not too many snags . 

However , spinner will be a problem unless you stay at the 63" size and you will have to make your own cowl and canopy . Cowl , easy . Canopy , not so easy ,especially if you want the blown one which I think suits the beast . 

You could get somebody to 3D design and print the canopy , then get a vac form of it . 

Oleos will be long too at 70".  Although its easy to modify retracts to reduce them form 90 to 85 degrees.

• Like 1

I built Brian Taylors at 60 inch n a bit, but gave it away, around 70 inch ticks all my boxes, have the plan for the bigger D.P one but beyond my budget I would need to buy the engine as well.

Hadn't occured to me to get a plan blown up, what do I need to provide to a printer ?

Cowl and canopy I reckon I could deal with.

1 hour ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Hadn't occured to me to get a plan blown up, what do I need to provide to a printer ?

Hi John,

Just download the Dave Platt plan (64") at Aerofred.

Contact a (good) printing office, mail them the .pdf file and ask them to print a (or multiple) paper copy(ies) at 110% (or 109% if you want to have a precise 70" result).

Jobs a good un...

Chris

• Like 1

I have an new ESM/YT fw190a that i am looking to sell. Been meaning to list it for a while, just not got around to it. Its 72 inch but as both an A version and an ARTF i dont know if its of any interest but if it is let me know. 

Fokkerc do a 190d but its bigger at 84 inch https://www.fokkerc.com/product/fockewulf-190-d9-15-scale-model-wooden-kit/. Lovely kit though and i would be quite a beast when done. 

I suspect blowing up a Platt plan will be your best option if a 70 inch d9 is your preference though. 

• Like 3

Yea no bother John. The D9 is easier for c/g as well due to the longer nose so it works out well as a model. 

If you go for the bigger FRC version that would be a great model, and if you arent too far away i have the right size Spitfire to chase it 😉 

• Like 1

I think 190's need 74 degrees for scale, but electron (a good place to look for retracts) only do 85's so you might have to look at the wing and its mounts or live with a slightly no scale stance on the ground. 

Sierra offer this set http://www.sierragiant.com/prod45.html for the ESM/YT 190 and they are going to suit any 70 inch 190 pretty well. They aint cheap though, and i have no clue how to get them in UK

• Like 2

yea if you are just looking for a flyer then i am sure 85 or 80 degrees will be fine. You can probably tinker with the mounts too. As you say, you cant see them when they are up!

If you spot a crashed ESM/YT 190 and/or a set of retracts from one on ebay then i would snap them up. Maybe do a wanted on BMFA?

• Like 1

That's odd, none of the machines here give a monkeys and one of them has norton on it. Google chrome normally yells at me if something is wrong and jphobby arent exactly unknowns. I think your norton has got its knickers in a twist over nothing.