Cold weather?

20 minutes ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Unforgiving of mistakes are Helis, you soon build a collection of spare parts though. 😉

To be honest I am thinking of switching rc disciplines to a henglong leopard 2 pro version now,metal tracks etc tank. 

I can't afford it at the moment but in a couple of months I could and save money instead of a helicopter,don't know I will think about it. 

19 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

If you do decide to go for the Leopard let us know - there's going to be a slew of Typhoons and Tempests looking for targets in a few months time. 🙂

I am very interested in the henglong leopard 2,to be honest I am a complete tank nut also,anything tank related I love very much lol so it be a joy to have one,but I can't afford one quite yet but in a few months I'd be good. 

• Like 1

Guys I took the body off and here's the damage and pieces I might need on a spare parts thing could you please give me a idea of what it might need? 

The main cog is off the main shaft? Is it worth time or chuck it? 

20240130_190356.jpg

Seeac6ea2338e4de491ad2bed2f3bd6b3Z.jpg

20240130_190729.jpg

Edited by GreyAce

13 hours ago, GreyAce said:

Guys I took the body off and here's the damage and pieces I might need on a spare parts thing could you please give me a idea of what it might need? 

The main cog is off the main shaft? Is it worth time or chuck it? 

20240130_190356.jpg

Seeac6ea2338e4de491ad2bed2f3bd6b3Z.jpg

20240130_190729.jpg

That could be an easy fix if thats the only issue ,is it broken or just displaced?

The trouble with helis (the heavier they are the worse they break) if blades are powered when it hits the ground crashes normally bend or break quite a lot, sometimes not easily visible.

1 hour ago, GreyAce said:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006136202275.html

I am now considering just getting a c129 v2 as it costs is nothing and will be basically the same price of repairs etc as the md500,what do you think guys? 

Looks a bargain, but just going on battery size alone (cant see a weight for heli ) think it may be too small /light to fly outdoors.

Edited by Learner

9 minutes ago, GrumpyGnome said:

What are the reviews like?

I've watched vids on YouTube it seems way better than the md500 and it can do stunts when I am good enough,md500 couldn't do that and it's definitely looking more crash resistant worse case scenario. 

I can get it for 48 quid including shipping and 3 batteries,parts and travel expenses for the md500 will be way more than that,seems a no brainer really 

Just now, Learner said:

Looks a bargain, but just going on battery size alone (cant see a weight ) think it may be too small /light to fly outdoors.

I have seen it fly outdoors on vids,but obviously not much wind. 

It definitely looks decent fellas and if I had known about the v2 before I got the md500 I would have never bothered with it in the first place but fate is a cruel mistress but the v2 does look more tough and it's very similar to my indoor heli and that's had some tremendous punishment,so yeah I will get one soon,I am still learning all the time about this rc discipline and what's the best beginners heli. 

Took the v2 to the park and it flew beautifully,lovely little helicopter to fly and to be honest it felt better than the one I crashed,I basically tried to hover in one spot and land into the breeze,not easy with a responsive little light heli but it was a absolute champ,goin back to basics no sillyness as it was. 

20240207_135753.jpg

• Like 4

Just thought I'd post a little update,all the parts I believe I need arrived today so I should be able to try to fix the c189 md500 soon,got alot goin off at the moment but I hope to get to it in the next couple days or so,hopefully it will be all good once done. 

20240212_153510.jpg

On 12/02/2024 at 19:22, Caveman said:

Sorry for the late reply,dog has been poorly so been really busy looking after him and nah mate they need to be flatter headed ones,I have ordered ones from aliexpress and makerfire,either one should be right but there gona take time to come so patience is required now but meh I can't fly it anyways even if it was fixed so meh it's all good.