New to forum not new to flying

Hey guys names davy im from the north east newcastle area as a young lad my dad used to take me flying down the Blyth flying field. its been many years since last flying and watch one of the many youtube channels i follow as peaked my intrest in the hobby again was looking to maybe go the electric route and pic up a stol plane like a tundra v2 or something of this nature.

That being said when i was a young teen a nice old friend of my dads by the name of kenny anderson gifted me what is probably the best plane i have ever flown for fun its an old ripmax limbo dancer that i still own to this day iirc i fitted it out with a 2 stroke 40 engine a russian brand called r.c.a i was maybe looking to convert this to electric for convivence. it would be a great help if any one knows of some one whos done this or has information of how to do this. but for now i may just pull it out the loft apply for bmfa and re apply to bvrmc if its still going and just get up in the air to see if its like riding a bike . my other option would be my piper cub but with its huge wingspan i dont see that fitting in the car and im quite hounastly to afraid to fly my f22 edf as its just soo twitchy and fast  pluss that been laying dormant for a long while also 

• Like 1

Hi Davy, welcome back and joining here.

I suspect you know a lot has changed rules wise, but other than radio gear and propulsion, model flying us basically the same as before. The birds haven't changed much.

Would love to see that russian engine, an mds perhaps.

Is it only powered flight you are interested in ?

Have a great day, should be a lovely model flying day today.

Welcome to the forum Davy - one of the best parts of this forum is the humour and we all get a laugh from the posting started by a certain Ken Anderson.   There are years of great items to amuse if you look there.

If you want advice on converting a Limbo Dancer to electric then start a new post with something like " Electric" and "Limbo Dancer" in the title and you will no doubt get advice on suitable electric motors.  Also check out the 4Max website for the motor and ESC suggestions. ( The setup for the Weston Cougar might be suitable for the Limbo- scroll down to the middle of this list  )

Edited by kc

Hi guys thanks for the many warm welcomes ill defo see if i can grab kens attention and let him know his old limbo dancer certainly lives to this day . i believe i may even have a delta wing glider that he passed down to me and my dad years ago aswell.   

9 hours ago, Rich Griff said:

Hi Davy, welcome back and joining here.

I suspect you know a lot has changed rules wise, but other than radio gear and propulsion, model flying us basically the same as before. The birds haven't changed much.

Would love to see that russian engine, an mds perhaps.

Is it only powered flight you are interested in ?

Have a great day, should be a lovely model flying day today.

its deffinatly an rca 40 i will grab pics when im next at the parents weird little looking engine. back in the day my used to fly a seagul models harmon rocket 3 which he had outfitted with a mds 58 and then we switched over to a sc61 sport motor. im going to enquire about his powered glider and i might like to do some slop soring of sorts.

Welcome back @DavyW22, I'm a long time Blyth club member (actually since the club was formed). I haven't been active for about the last 3 years or so but hopefully I will be flying again in the next few months. 

Here's a link to the BVRMC website you might find helpful in making contact or the next club night meeting is 7pm Thursday next week if you want to say hello.

Look forward to seeing you soon, Pat.