Myron is in hospital

Myron Beaumont

Advert

Mryon you should be home soon my son broke his Dec 3rd had two plates & 3 pins put in, the good news is if you have the op you're out usually within a week to 10 days  as opposed to 6-8 weeks if they don't opperate and just use traction.  Chin up old son and just think of your next build.

Sad news indeed, i really hope you mend quickly Myron and they are looking after you as well as they can.
Best regards from me, will miss you and thinking of you.
Wish i could come up there and sort those pesky kids out for you!

As for a joke:
"There were two fish in a tank, one say's to the other................."

"How do you drive this thing?" 

Hi guys
Printed out the thread and took it to Myron when I visited him today - he was really touched and asked me to thank everyone for their kind wishes.
He is going to have a full hip replacement, apparently because this will leave him with better mobility than a partial replacement, and he will have the op on Monday when the team from Freemans will come over to the RVI to do the op. Meanwhile he is in pain and discomfort, but he said to tell you that he is grumpy, as follows:
1) He has an over the bed terminal that should give him phone, TV and Internet but although I bought a paycard it won't work and nobody knows how to turn it on, and will I please bring in his old radio that has knobs that work.
2) The nurses keep rolling him over so he doesn't get bed sores, it hurts, and nobody gets bedsores in 24 hours.
3) One of the nurses brought him tablets but no water - I sympathise with that.
4) He hates inefficiency
5) The bedside table isn't even big enough to iron on (hang on a minute, when did Myron iron anything except Solartex?)
However, he was pleased that I had taken him his RCM&E mag to read.
Best wishes for Christmas to everyone, and thanks again for the kind wishes
Chrissy

Hi Tony
Well, the sunshine gets through but we have snow with it!
Re the local kids, I know I shouldn't let them bug me but they do: there have been thumps of snowballs more or less since I came home. Even this morning in broad daylight - so I went out with my digi camera, snapped some pictures and told them I was going to email them to the local counsellor - which I will.
They bug me because they have upset Myron, they bug me because for the last year I have lived on the farm in Yorkshire where I can look out of my front door and see nothing but trees and fields and the River Derwent and I know all my neighbours, and they are great and we all help each other, they bug me because their parents take no responsibility for what their children get up to, and they bug me because I campaigned for the Labour party for years and now I wonder why I bothered, and they bug me because we have tried to befriend them and they are little liars. They are not stupid - I've talked to them, and actually they are fairly bright. I have told them I've just lost my dad, they know Myron is in hospital and they have no respect. I'm not going to snowball them back, or catapult them, but I will after the hols complain to my local counsellors because that is the right thing to do.
Yeah, I can be grumpy too!
On a lighter note, if Myron has a hip replacenent his scrap value will increase, won't it?
And he has a gold filling !
Changing the subject, I am bemused by the range of TVs currently on offer. Several months ago I had Freesat put into the farmhouse because the reception was so poor, and I got a nice Bush HD TV to watch in the room that effectively became my sitting room when dad was going to bed so early, so I didn't disturb him. Now I have had Freesat extended to the main living room and moved my TV in there. Our TV is quite old and after we move I want to buy a larger HD TV and also a home cinema thingy to improve the sound quality for Myron. I don't want anything bigger than 42 inch as it will be too big for the room, and I will need to buy another Freesat box . I deally I would like a TV with a built in DVD player that can record to its hard drive. I am quite happy with LED. Argos have a Panasonic on offer that incorporates Freesat but it  doesn't do what I want, which is to record and play DVDs without the complication of yet another box. Any thoughts or comments very welcome.
And if anyone has experience of  log burning stoves that will also heat water and run central heating, and have found a good system , any info welcome.
Crikey, don't want much, do I? but I have found the forum an invaluable source of advice.
Once Myron and I get setled into the farm, I do have a camping and caravan site, there is space for flying, and everyone is very welcome. I might even make sticky buns!
Thanks guys once again for cheering Myron up. He was so touched by all the good wishes.
Chrissy