How many models did you buy in 2011?

Advert

I'm not sure I see the need for the last option. A new model is a new model whether you build from scratch or buy one ready made.

For me - I think my little P40 was bought in 2011, but apart from that I have completed one major rebuild, converted an old IC'er to electrics and "improved" a couple of others.
So I think I'll tick "one new model".
Or shall I select "None - I only build from kits or plans" because I've started a Matador?

I've ticked the box for one, as I only bought one model this year, second hand, and more for the SC 52 4-stroke than the airframe, I must admit! I have however, been given about a dozen airframes by a generous clubmate who was clearing his workshop, managed to "rehome" some of those and will get others flying again.

2 ARTF (one a Parkzone T28 other Global Sbatch 50cc)
1 ARTF Review Model
2 Own Design
1 Restoration (2 years so far)
2 Plan Builds (ongoing)
2 Still in draughting stage

Like Tim I have also parted with some, however current extension on workshop will allow for more and address the 'too much space' problem I might have for a short time!

I have to admit not being very productive during 2011 and the bulk of my efforts went into rebuilding my shattered 1/4 scale Cub - although in my defence my similarly shattered but recovering 100% (now 98%) finger impacted on my efforts a bit.

Other than some maintenance work that's about it so the net total is 0 if you don't count a couple of misjudgements resulting in the exit of a couple of old favourites making it a minus figure!

May be a column mixed would help in the poll - as now I had just ticked one ARTF - which is the E-flite Extra 300. But there were 2 kits as well - the Bonanza and the Webbit.

I am planning more or less the same purchasing & building strategy for 2012 - kits/plans: to finish the Bettinin Extra and to build the Cygnet (if the CNC parts will be available one day...) and on the ARTF side I go national - I am looking for a Curare 60 (Hanno Prettners patternship from the 70th. Currently sold out ) and the other one will be the Saab J35 Draken (EDF) in colours of the Austrian flag.
Cheers VA

Surprising how they mount up, isnt it!..........

Phoenix Decathlon ARTF
Phoenix Tucano 60 ARTF
Salto ARTF
Carl Goldberg Cub kit
Flair Black Magic kit
Porterfield Collegiate kit
DB Cirrus Moth 40 kit

Should be enough to keep me busy for a while.......

As Timbo might say............oooh errr missus!

Pete

It would be nice to know how many kits and OD were built.

It is strange, or maybe it is me, that just after voting I realised that I am building one (Guillows Thunderbolt, perhaps should not be counted) more than I voted.

I have also built two OD ( a stunter and a Ta 152h) and seem to have abandoned another (Bachem Natter) OD.

Reflecting on what you have done, perhaps makes me realise that perhaps I spend to much time modelling.