P-51B - Tony's new design for the 2013 Special Issue

Thought the vulcan would tick the box......Im planing to derate the Wren 100 I have fitted down to the eqivalent 75 power and if it works, there is a cheaper turbine option for the model

The Vulcan retracts are air but as soon as I can find an electric set.......they'll be used.

Your right Danny about the Mustang retracts....!!! had the thicken the leading edge somewhat to accomodate them.....I thought this biuld was going to easy but so many little niggles had to be sortedface 5

• 2 weeks later...

The Mustang does have a very long nose Tony, I am fitting a Benedini sound module to a Brian Taylor Mustang and the prelimanary c of g is looking good and that is with a heavy speaker in the radiator, behind the c of g!

Your Mustang looks great, and I am sure will fly well, good luck with the maiden teeth 2

Cheers

Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 11/05/2013 23:46:53

Well the wind was gusting 25mph and across the Hastings MFC strip and no one was flying so what a great oportunity to test fly the Mustang..........Took of cross wind and was expecting all manner of problems....but couldnt be more wrong......roll out was and take off was was rock steady only a few clicks of down trim and she was hands off....sweet as a nut and rock steady with no twichyness and goes where you point her.........really pleasedteeth 2thumbs up

img_1902.jpg

take off

img_1929.jpg

all wheels away

img_1945.jpg

landing without flaps...3-pointer!!!!......slowed up fine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't mind a b model mustang but not a d model.But for sure a 109,Rata,yak 19 i think skinny harvard.russian trainer???19?I.C the whole way though, any of them would do.but i'll still read about the mustang D. I know we dont know much about japanese aircraft except zero's but most of them are pretty ,all but the raven how about something japanese,prob no votes for that though i dont mind i got nothing but time.Thanks for the AT 6.. braw

• 1 month later...