Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

I could not work out what was being alleged in the newspapers. The Telegraph in particular seemed unusually obtuse. Where they saying that McIlroy received more votes and the BBC chose to ignore them?

I was more concerned, perhaps more accurately unease, that there was a suggestion, I think in the Telegraph, that Lewis was worth twice as much to Mercedes in marketing terms than Nico, particularly in the North American market. Does it give substance to a complaint of having to conserve fuel and power setting, when my team mate never has the same problem?

Then the problem of another UK born driver, who lost his seat, until he coughed up more money. I think we have all recognised that having lots of dosh was never a handicap in motor racing and in many ways compensated in many cases for not being the full package. This situation seems quite wide spread now, are the Schumachers, Buttons, Vettel and last but not least Lewis become ever more rare?

With respect to the trophy, I guess the extra coverage can be turned into some money in the bank. yet i suspect it means very little, other than the BBC.

• 1 month later...
Advert

Right then you lot - pay attention! teeth 2

It's just over a month until the 2015 F1 season gets under way, so it's time to blow the dust off the Fantasy F1 game and get our entries sorted out. Head over to the Badger login page.

You'll need to re-register on badger, but you can use the same username as you did last year if you want. Then get yourselves a team sorted out and join the Modelflying Forumites Friends league. You'll need to enter the code 428035 to join the league.

Hopefully most of last year's entrants will enter again, all with one year's more experience and one year wiser (yeah, right...  New entrants are of course more than welcome. For those who haven't played before, you have £75million to spend on three cars and three drivers, and you score points depending on how they perform in each race.

For the regulars, there are a few small changes this year. Go to the Badger players guide page to read all about them, but they include points for qualifying positions and points for a driver out-qualifying his team-mate.

You'll notice that Badger have introduced 'PRO' membership options this year at three different price levels. None of these are required to enter the Fantasy League - you can still play for free.

I'll probably start a new thread in due course, but I've posted here as some of last year's folks probably have email alerts setup on this thread.

Edited By John Privett on 09/02/2015 23:49:49

Don't forget, just like previous years, we have unlimited team changes for the first two races.

Thereafter, 8 changes (without penalty) for the rest of the season. And each element changed counts as a change, even if you make the changes in one go. So, for instance, replacing one car and two drivers counts as 3 of your 8 changes.

• 4 weeks later...

And so, the clock is ticking... There are now just under 50 hours until the start of first practice at Albert Park, Melbourne and the start of the 2015 F1 season.

Eleven of us are already signed-up and entered in the Modelflying Forumites Friends League, but it's not too late to enter if you haven't done so yet. Whether a seasoned veteran or a newbie, any forum member is welcome to join. Just enter a team on badgergp.com then go to the Friends Leagues, select "Modelflying Forumites" and enter the passcode 428035. Here's how the league looks right now.

Modelflying Forumites - Passcode: 428035

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Webby F1 Racing Team Simon Webb 0
2 rActive GP Pat Harbord 0
3 IPJnet F1 Ian Jones 0
4 pits specials pits specials 0
5 Roos Racers rk295 0
6 Revers Racing Pete B 0
7 iqon racing here to win iqon 0
8 FalconFormulaOne Tony H 0
9 Norfolk Flyers nssrcmf 0
10 Manschaft Erfolg Carl Brotherton 0
11 Not just up but down as well johnpflyrc 0
Study it carefully. I don't intend to be in bottom place after Sunday morning! smile p