Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Afternoon all!

Well that was a dramatic race.  I lost count of the number of safety cars - way more than I predicted anyway.  So with the UK Ch4 highlights just finishing,  here are our scores today;

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 226
2 4 2 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 212
3 5 0 Pitts Specials john stones 211
4 14 2 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 196
5 10 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 191
6 6 1 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 188
7 9 1 Hans Brake Zoonie 187
8 8 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 186
9 3 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 178
10 12 1 PSS Power Flyer 170
11 2 0 Iqonic racing iqon 167
12 11 2 Revers Racing Pete B 164
13 7 3 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 160
14 13 1 Torque of the devil Stu 144
15 16 1 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 97
16 15 1 teewrex John Tee 89

In a high-scoring field, it's Tony who takes top spot with 226 points.

Simon is second with 212, and just one point behind in third is John S.

Well done to today's top 3.

What about the overall table?

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
1 1 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 602
2 2 0 Iqonic racing iqon 529
3 3 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 527
4 4 2 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 523
= 5 0 Pitts Specials john stones 523
6 6 1 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 496
7 7 3 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 491
8 8 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 480
9 9 1 Hans Brake Zoonie 459
10 10 1 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 450
11 11 2 Revers Racing Pete B 448
12 12 1 PSS Power Flyer 398
13 13 1 Torque of the devil Stu 387
14 14 2 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 381
15 15 1 teewrex John Tee 313
16 16 1 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 293

No changes in the top three, but Simon jumps up two places to 4th, GrumpyGnome moves up 1 place to 6th meaning that Charles is pushed down 3 places to 7th.

Further down the table Zoonie and Kev each move up a place to 9th and 10th, with Pete slipping 2 places to 11th.  Ade and Stu swap places, to 12th and 13th respectively. And finally Carl steps up 2 places to 14th, pushing John T and Glenn to 15th and 16th.

We have four weeks off now,  the next race is in Azerbaijan on 30 April.  Don't forget your predictions!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Congrats to Tony, Simon & John S...

I guess I'll better go back to surgery and have some 'blind' predictions done.  🤪

My Italian Reds totally let me down this time (again...).

Time to ponder about until Baku, I guess...

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

I agree Grumpy.

The idea of effectually neutralising a race, so that all the hard won time gaps disappear, seems wrong. Surely a virtual safety car is both safe and fair under most circumstances seems right, to me. Even the safety is more acceptable . Only in the most exceptional circumstances should a race be Red Flagged, I believe.

Restarting a race with two laps only left, seems about turning any race into mostly a lottery. What ever the rules were when Verstappen became the champ, lessons should have been learnt and the rules amended. Was it about throwing Mercedes a bone? If so it did not work, the car  was not up to it, the price for many others to high.

I hope they rethink things for the next race, being notorious for incidents.

1 hour ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Seasons just started and a 4 week break ? Strange way to run a championship, and it also means waiting a month to overtake Igor in our league table. 😉

You will be waiting a lot longer than that.

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Evening all!

IMPORTANT CHANGES

As some of you might have already spotted, yesterday a new format was announced for Sprint race weekends,  starting this weekend in Azerbaijan.  Essentially, the Sprint race will now be a totally separate event,  and qualifying positions for the main race will be determined by a qualifying session on FRIDAY rather than by the finishing position in the Sprint.

So, how does this affect the fantasygp game?  They have outlined the situation as it affects the game at https://fantasygp.com/the-new-f1-sprint-format-for-baku/  Quoting from that page;

Just days before the Azerbaijan Grand Prix and the first Sprint Weekend of the season, a change to the format has been confirmed by F1 and FIA. For this weekend and for the other Sprint Weekends, the format is as follows:

• Friday – Practice & Grand Prix Qualifying (the Fantasy GP game locks at this point)
  • Saturday – Sprint Qualifying and Sprint Race
  • Sunday – Proper Grand Prix

Fantasy GP will lock at 2pm BST on Friday (when the main qualifying begins)

Now this will mean that for Sprint Weekends like this one for Azerbaijan, there is a massive opportunity for some big points.

To try and keep this simple:

Predictions

• these only apply to the main Grand Prix
  • Safety Car counts only applies to the main Grand Prix
  • Podium and Fastest Lap only applies to the main Grand Prix
  • The Bonus Prediction applies to the main Grand Prix, unless specifically Sprint related.

Pole Position

• to clarify this is the true ‘Pole Position’ – i.e. the winner off the main Qualifying on the Friday

Qualifying

• your drivers will get a qualifying bonus for beating their team mate – this applies to both the Sprint Qualifying and the Grand Prix Qualifying

Race Points

• your drivers and cars will score races points as per real life, for both the Sprint & the Grand Prix
  • Sprint 8pts for the win, the 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and down to 1pt for 8th place
  • Grand Prix 25pts fo winning, then 18, 15, 12, 10 and so on down to 10th place (no change here)

Driver Bonus Points

• Your drivers will score bonus points for improving position from the start to the finish
  • 2pts per place improved
  • For both the Sprint & Grand Prix races.
  • If a driver starts 20th and finishes 15th, that’s 5 places improved so 10pts bonus in total

Car Bonus Points

• your cars will score bonus points for improving positions from start to the finish
  • 1 point for every place improved per car
  • For both Sprint & Grand Prix races
  • 5 points bonus if both cars in a team finish, 2 points bonus if only one finishes.

DNF

• If a driver does not finish a Sprint or Grand Prix, they will receive zero points.
  • Qualifying points remain.

The game guide will be updated but common sense applies – the Sprint is now it’s own entity and does not impact the Grand Prix, so it really is a mini Grand Prix and the points system in Fantasy GP applies to both races. For Baku, all points will be totalled up, we will look to separate these out for future Sprint weekends, but the total points for a Grand Prix weekend will include points won (or lost) in the Sprint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the above,  the important thing is that the game will now be LOCKED at 2pm BST on Friday. 

So make sure you have your predictions saved before then!

Practice 1 (the only practice session) is at 10:30 BST on Friday,  followed by qualifying at 2pm BST.

On Saturday the Sprint qualifying (termed the Sprint Shootout) is at 9:30 BST with the Sprint race at 2:30pm BST.

Sunday's race is at noon BST.

I'm going to setup some 'banker' predictions now,  and if I get a chance I'll review them at lunchtime on Friday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, john stones 1 - Moderator said:

Not much of a rant is that Igor, it a Sprint rant ? 😉

How am I not going to find result before it`s shown on tv. Especially if I have to listen to sprint qually & race chances are that wont be on tv.

I`m coming to yours to watch on sky.......😁

I have made my predictions, although in my opinion it is more of a lottery, than is usual.

It surprises me that the venue has been selected for the arrangements. Well known for the carnage to both cars and bank balances.

We are all in the same boat at the end of the day.😐