Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

dscf1138.jpgFirst Time I have built an hairyplane from plans for about 40 years!!! (Done a few scale ships though!)

Farman Jabiru Tri-Motor from the Tim Hooper Traplet Plans

Span (will be 47" Chord at root 15" for 4 functions and three electric motors (when Hobby King deign to deliver them!)

Flappy bits at the rear not yet fixed in place hence the masking tape fixings!!!!dscf1137.jpg

Managed to pop out for a quick fly when it was calm this morning and maidened this - an new but seemingly unflown Ikarus shockie that I picked up at the Southern show bring and buy. It has been nicely made and was complete with gear, motor etc. for £36.....I couldn't resist.

Mind you shockies have come on a bit since this arrived on the scene and let's just say this had some unusual flying qualities! It's one of those models that seems to have a mind of its own, I quite liked it teeth 2

011cd793d071e91442b4ba87c5ce41abdd0c7615ed.jpg

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 03/10/2014 13:10:21

Posted by Dave Hopkin on 25/09/2014 22:53:02:

First Time I have built an hairyplane from plans for about 40 years!!! (Done a few scale ships though!)

Dave,

That looks better than mine ever did! wink 2 You're obviously a modeller of experience and patience. I like the 3-piece wing too - very clever!

I have to confess to having a new toy too......

An EFX Racer from HK. Very fast on 4S.

tim

Ok, I'll show you mine! It's new-ish to me - bought off ebay in May this year it had sat in someone's loft for many a year and was covered in bubbly silver tex material. I test flew it like this, found it flew great - perfect for lazy touch and goes and should be lovely on floats too.

So I recovered it in Profilm in the scheme you see here. I'm quite pleased with it.pict2457.jpg

Sorting through my workshop I found the wing and plans of this SkyBug from Graham McAllister designs an as I still had a selection of old brushed motors decided to rebuildt it.,

Still not flown as all my old Nmh packs are 'dead' Tried the speed 480 on 2 cell Lipo may yet try 3 cell or upgrade to Brushless.

Sky bug.jpg

Posted by Tim Hooper on 05/10/2014 21:27:48:
Posted by Dave Hopkin on 25/09/2014 22:53:02:

First Time I have built an hairyplane from plans for about 40 years!!! (Done a few scale ships though!)

Dave,

That looks better than mine ever did! wink 2 You're obviously a modeller of experience and patience. I like the 3-piece wing too - very clever!

I have to confess to having a new toy too......

An EFX Racer from HK. Very fast on 4S.

tim

Tim, I was just wondering how good the finish is on the EFX? The HK video talks of "polished molds", does it make any difference?

David

Posted by simon burch on 11/10/2014 13:29:38:

Was hoping to fly tomorrow, but I'm unwell and exhausted and I don't want to rush setting it up and then miss something important.

Picture doesn't do it justice. Fitted with a P100RX.

Just need to put up a shelf to keep her out of the way till next season.

Simon

Hi Simon,

I hope you feel better soon and can get that shelf up.   Now, you keep her tucked up untill 2015, I'm looking forward to seeing her at Greenacres already wink 2

Nev.

Edited By Racing Snake on 13/10/2014 12:31:08