Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

Thanks Terry. Only flew for about 3 minutes as there was a very slight breeze. I think it needs no wind at all to really enjoy it. Just needed a little down trim, but otherwise a short but good maiden.

Having only built depron stuff, this proved to be a little fiddly, but enjoyable.

Posted by Ian101 on 25/10/2016 11:09:50:

Thanks Terry. Only flew for about 3 minutes as there was a very slight breeze. I think it needs no wind at all to really enjoy it. Just needed a little down trim, but otherwise a short but good maiden.

Having only built depron stuff, this proved to be a little fiddly, but enjoyable.

HI Ian,

I thought it might be like that but horses for courses. Looks great and ideal for those lovely evenings and occasional light wind days! Be great to photograph against the late evening sun. Well done. Enjoy.

Terry

Here's my new model just finished but not had a proper flight yet as the engine is new and not run in enough to give a reliable run

It's a Bright Spark that has been altered a bit to fit the asp twin and has a 2 peace main wing 88'', also other than the leading and trailing wing edges the rest of the plane has been made with light ply, and birch ply for the engine former and undercarrage mounting.

dsc_0312.jpg

dsc_0258.jpg

dsc_0256.jpg

Posted by cymaz on 22/10/2016 13:09:43:

Bought this last year from Salisbury. Been working on it off and on since then. Its had new servos, battery redundancy, new linkages, modified exhaust, new tail wheel , new nav light system,dual aileron servos and all new linkages. Just the wings to get sprayed up and check the CG....

The hole in the side of the fuselage was intentional as I needed access to get the closed loop and nav light wires in. It has a litho hatch that will be screwed in and painted white.

mulligan decals 2.jpg

mulligan decals 1.jpg

Edited By cymaz on 22/10/2016 13:11:42

Thats very nice indeed.

Edited By Justin K. on 27/10/2016 07:30:40

Went to the field today with the Mulligan

• no flying done
  • checked CG
  • range check done
  • taxi runs completed
  • noise test roughly done, gave me some idea (82dB@7M)

Learnt something....IT NEEDS A BIGGER MOTORsurprise. The RCGF 62 motor only manages 5200. I'm sure this was due to a baffle inserted into a muffler extension.

Now looking at an 80cc twin...

mull2.jpg

mull3.jpg

Edited By cymaz on 30/10/2016 18:44:35

This isn't a new model, in fact is a pretty old one but is new to me. It was designed and built by the late John Snowden of Hartlepool Club some 30 years ago. When he passed away recently his son David wanted the airframes to be used so I took this one on and got it ready for flight again.

It's 49 inch span and powered by an OS Max 25. It hasn't flown again yet but it should soon and it will be good to honour the old boys memory when it does. There is a hand written note inside the fuz that records the maiden flight as being in March 1986. John was an ex fighter pilot who learned to fly on this type in Canada and in fact most of his models were of types he flew in his career.

cornell.jpg

cornell 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...