Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Opened the box, read the instructions and started taping up the wings last night...

20170505_234345.jpg

Got a bit carried away with it. Servos installed, Fuselage taped, wings joined and coloured tape applied by 06:30 this morning!

20170506_061623.jpg

Had a nap Sorry, no photo!

Maidened this afternoon...

20170506_171214.jpg

This one's going to be a nice toy! yes

Advert

Posted by Tony Bennett on 24/04/2017 17:56:49:

Nice models Richie.

here is my latest monstrosity, hope fully be ready for flying at the weekend.

Tony B

Sorry Tony for the late reply, I had forgotten to setup the notifications on this thread. That looks impressive, is it traditional build or one of your foam creations. has she flown yet?

Richie

Posted by Rob Fairweather 1 on 24/04/2017 18:41:13:

They look superb Richie, my foam winged early version is still on the build board !

Apologies for the late reply Rob I had forgotten to set up the notifications on this thread.

Thanks thay both fly superbly, hopefully we will get to see yours finished and flying soon.

Richie

Scratch built glider to give new life to old wings.

Yes, these Precedent Hi Fly wings will, hopefully, start a new life with my new pod and boom thingy.

2 chan tree top crash.jpg

What? Crashed into a tree already???????

2 chan treetop crash alternate view.jpg

See how tough this glider is? It felled a tree and chopped it to pieces!

2 chan treetop side view.jpg

The fuselage is 4mm balsa covered with reinforcing tape at the front, boom is lightweight wrapped carbon fishing rod section, and the tail and tail plane are 4.5mm 'stripped' art board foam. (Very much like Depron)

I'll be honest and say I haven't flown it properly yet. As evidenced by the rather wrinkled nose cone. wink 2

Hopefully we will see an improved performance at Devon Glider Day tomorrow!

Edited By Chuck Plains on 13/05/2017 14:50:16

Maidened this morning:

Its a Saturn Skydancer, dating from the early 70's - built from a NOS kit, which needed a fair bit of remedial work! Power is provided by an OS Max 40, which I bought to power my original Skydancer, back in 1974! Radio is provided by this:

Its a 1969 Royal Classic transmitter, which I've Gigerized with a FrSKy "hack" module and one of Phil Green's excellent Arduino encoders! Proper retro!

I've been rushing to get it finished for the Pontefract Retro meet this week-end, and its been touch and go whether it would be ready! The engine proved very reluctant to throttle properly until I remembered the magic cure from all those years ago: A long reach, idle-bar plug!

It flew straight off the board! Its a bit touchy on the ailerons, though the roll rate seems fine. Maybe just me getting used to proper sticks again! The first landing was dead-stick due to poor throttling, before I remembered the magic cure for this engine!

Its a bit under-propped on a 10x6 - revs more appropriate to a pylon racer, in fact, so I'll be fitting an 11x6 before the week-end! It also has a period "quiet" silencer (P&R) - ie: not very quiet by modern standards! But hey-ho! Its all proper vintage!

wink

--

Pete

Just finished my electric version Mirus build. hard to keep hold of the fuselage at half throttle. reckon it will go pretty quick.

Wing fits the IC fuselage in the background. not flown either yet. last photo is a pic of my Mirus 'squadron'. The older plane is 8 years old now, needs a recover.

petrol & ic complete 2.jpg

mirus squadron.jpg

I've been back in the UK for just over a week, in-between visiting friends I managed to finish this Hangar 9 model off, I never got a chance to fly it, the winds were too high. Lets hope for better weather in July! It's my first 'big' model that's powered by batteries. It's got the E Elite motor in there as well as electric retracts, my fingers remain crossed.

img_3031.jpg

The other one is nearing completion too, a Black Horse Stuka bought second hand but unflown.

img_3032.jpg

Bought t his on ebay for £25. Not sure what make it is, but has a glass fuselage. So not the Seagull one, which I had until an aileron locked out and went in. Just wanted a fun-fighter type model, apart from the H9 Corsair, which I have.
Has a OS 48 Surpass in it.
corsair40 (3).jpg

Posted by Paul Marsh on 20/05/2017 15:42:43:
Bought t his on ebay for £25. Not sure what make it is, but has a glass fuselage. So not the Seagull one, which I had until an aileron locked out and went in. Just wanted a fun-fighter type model, apart from the H9 Corsair, which I have.
Has a OS 48 Surpass in it.

Looks like a pretty good buy Paul. It appears to have been built from a Top Flite kit. Some details and a link to the manual here: **LINK**