Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

Finally got round to test flying my Hangar 9 P47 today, I'd been putting it off most of the summer but today was too nice to miss. The new Laser 160V only has about 30 mins on it and is already pulling 9k on the ground on a 16x8, bit overpropped I know but I needed to get it at least close to 82db, think the original 15x8 would have Howled a bit in the air! The 160 massively overpowers the p47 but you don't have to use it alll do you? It's a very smooth and easy to fly warbird, shame they don't make them anymore.

img_4598.jpg

PT19 unknown make but looks similar to a Hanger 9 or Great Planes Not a new model by any means but new to me, after buying it ready to fly it should have been described ready to crash. I have repaired to flying status not very pretty though maidened on Sunday, flight was cut short as the engine cut. No damage done though powered by a Laser 150pt19.jpg20819296_1084676248330431_4746799766098632909_o.jpg

Posted by simon barr on 18/08/2017 20:05:46:
Posted by Mike Stevens on 14/08/2017 20:18:37:

wp_20170814_12_33_40_pro.jpg

Just finished this today...

Edited By Mike Stevens on 14/08/2017 20:19:56

Got any details please Mike? Which kit etc?

Crack Camel.....just Google or I can find the link..was mentioned in last month's magazine....

Finally got these two flying right on the slope at this weekends PSSA meeting.

A-10 from the John Kidd plan downloaded from OuterZone. Maiden at the Bwlch found a tailplane incedence problem, My fault for changing it from the plan, 2nd flight a bit nose heavy. 3rd flight not enough trim on the elevator and had to hold in some up for the duration of the flight. Finally 4th flight at the Orme and it's right!

Mig-25 from the Tony Nijhuis dogfight double bought off Dan Ellison. First guess at CofG and throws would have been wildly off but thanks to John Hey for the information off the plan it had a successful maiden at the Orme this morning. A trim adjustment to the elevator for the second flight it it was cruising around quite menacingly! Still need more throw on the ailerons!

20170819_182020.jpg

Edited By Chris Barlow on 19/08/2017 21:02:50

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 09/04/2017 20:38:42:

Peter J.,

How does that motor compare with say a YS?

Martin

Apologies - I forgot to bookmark this thread and have only just come across your post.

I've never flown a YS powered bird (shame) but I would say, that the YS may just have the edge but then again, the DLE is still quite new. On the other hand, the DLE is a lot cheaper to buy and run. The YS does sound better although with a JMB canister, the DLE is quite acceptable.

Peter

Posted by John Muir on 19/08/2017 20:10:41:

Simon, that plane of Mike's is a Twisted Hobbys Crack Camel I think. Search on You Tube to see what it's capable of - not exactly scale flight performance!

Lol...not flown yet but a park flyer for me and not like You Tube....I do have a Peter Rake 1/9th Camel somewhere in the loft but needs aileron re attaching.

Actually Percy I didn't crash into the runway but into the adjacent field. The ground was so hard owing to lack of rain, that the engine, prop, engine mount and spinner were punched back through the firewall and into the tank bay. The propeller was completely undamaged.

Still it was only an ARTF, not a proper model eh?

Edited By David Davis on 20/08/2017 12:09:18