Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

My club ran a 'one model type' build again this year, the model chosen being the Kung Fu. At the meeting last week eleven were brought along to be judged (although one was actually a control-line version!). They have now all flown except one (the builder is away on holiday), including the control-line one. Two of the three missing from the group photo have since flown. The second photo is mine coming in to land with the battery hatch undone!2017-10-08 10.27.48.jpgimg_3506t.jpg

Kit built Acro Wot with Laser 70, epoxy glass fuselage covering and Oracover on flying surfaces. Carbon canopy laminated from homemade plug and mould. Weighs 6lbs, Hitec servos and Futaba. Test flown yesterday - 2 clicks of right aileron. Flies beautifully.6229220c-9a66-4a6d-b263-9c2e86ba6d1a.jpeg

F15DJ, modified from the original HET kit by Matt Jones with a stretched, glassed wing; machined tail axles and bearings; removal of jet pipes etc etc. I bought it off of him to install servos, rub down and fill, paint and fly it.

She maidened this past weekend at the PSSA meet on the Great Orme, North Wales.

Many thanks to Matt Jones for taking pictures, Pyramid Models for the decals, Steve Davis at Vortex Vacforms for the canopy, Real Model Pilots for the pilots and ejector seats.

0l8a2834_tonemapped.jpg

0l8a2829_awm4 gentle.jpg

0l8a2795_awm3 glare.jpg

0l8a2822_awm preset1.jpg

0l8a2813_tonemapped.jpg

Posted by Paul H on 09/10/2017 18:00:22:

Kit built Acro Wot with Laser 70, epoxy glass fuselage covering and Oracover on flying surfaces. Carbon canopy laminated from homemade plug and mould. Weighs 6lbs, Hitec servos and Futaba. Test flown yesterday - 2 clicks of right aileron. Flies beautifully.6229220c-9a66-4a6d-b263-9c2e86ba6d1a.jpeg

thumbs up

Almost finished my LX A10 thunderbolt. Bought as a kit from jepe jets. Twin wemo mini fan v2 with dr madthrust 2200kv inrunners. Stock retracts (we'll see if the hold up) fully glassed and CF tow reinforced wing. Fuse bottom has been glassed and the rest id cloth and water based polyC. Lipo will be a 6s 5000mah 65c graphine. Lets hope it flies.

Had this kit for 4 years it was about time I built it.

Posted by john stones 1 on 13/10/2017 23:19:33:

I remember the mxa, what's your avatar Mark ?

Hi John, that is my first Heli I bought back in 1983, A Kalt Baron 20, I bought it 2nd hand from a model shop, it had been modified on the collective pitch mechanism (basically using the same as the larger Baron 50) I still have this one now in flying condition.

One of the few models in my collection that has not been converted to scale...Purely for the reason it was the first heli that I bought so it has a special status for me. I do have another one that is being converted to scale as a Bell 222UT. The Flybarless head is home made and is pretty much scale as per the real thing

dscf0283.jpg

Mark

Edited By Mark Stevens 1 on 14/10/2017 03:56:11

Always wanted an Irvine Tutor when I was learning to fly but never seemed to be able to get one. Thanks to Marc for building this and then selling it on unflown! I've put my trusty Irvine 40 in it and the pictures show the Tutor after its maiden flight. I did use rubber bands to hold the wings on for the flight! Having cleaned it down I realised I hadn't taken a photo of it so just dropped the wing on without the bands!

20171014_162436.jpg

20171014_162418.jpg

I lowered the engine mount to get the spray bar level with mid tank and checked all controls centralised before the maiden. I was amazed to find that she needed no adjustments to fly hands off! First time ever including several F3A models. Only issue is the elevator movement needs to be increased to get the aircraft to stall and spin. Will do that before the next session.

• Like 1