Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

I have just finished refurbishing this mainly white trainer but I have not got a clue what it's name is---any suggestions? As you can see it is slightly larger than my Super Air but it is much lighter and could be a floater suitable for an A-test which I still have not attempted ?. Repairs included loosening up the gummed up engine, re-covering the fuselage and tail plane and repairs to the latter. I have also fitted new radio kit and fuel tank plus tubing .

I gather the plane has not flown for about 7 years and was originally owned by an Epsom Downs / Epsom club member who unfortunately died.

pb080196.jpg

pb080197.jpg

pb080198.jpg

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 09/11/2017 14:09:41

Baron 1914 in spoof Russian WW1 colours, minus the cowling. The picture was taken at dusk just after I'd started the engine, an OS 40 Surpass, for the first time in years. I hope to maiden it on Sunday and will take some better pictures then. In France the Baron is as well-known as a Super 60 in England.

baron taken in poor light..jpg

Some better pictures of the Baron taken yesterday at what I hoped would be the maiden flight of the model, but first the engine, an OS 40 FS Surpass, threw a prop, then it refused to run consistently. It was very cold yesterday with quite a breeze so I decided to carry out the investigations when the weather was a bit warmer.

baron (1).jpg

baron (2).jpg

Posted by Pete Willbourn on 28/11/2017 14:15:49:

The P51D is still the best looking aircraft of all time !

Certainly one of the best and a particular favourite of mine. An incredible piece of 1940s design, if it had been designed as a new aeroplane today and marketed as such, you'd not hear comments about it's old fashioned or retro styling. Can't think of any other aeroplane of that era where that would be true. (GrummanTigercat perhaps?).

Roger wilko and tally ho chaps.

The p51d is certainly a beautiful plane and best of all powered by a Rolls Royce engine and I'll second the Tigercat so for me in no particular order ☺ mossie, mustang ,spitfire and Tigercat, that's just the warbirds

Edited By Martian on 28/11/2017 18:31:31

Edited By Martian on 28/11/2017 18:32:08