Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

Posted by Ikura on 03/08/2018 09:47:35:

Hi Pete,
I recognise that Alpina, although the last time I saw it, it was in a box smiley

It does look lovely and congratulations on the maiden.

Haha! It's been a while getting finished due to no fault of the kit, it's fabulous!

I'll call you to catch up later wink

My take on Ton van Munsteren's Sonny 1500 - RCME free plan from 2016. Built mainly from the scrap-box, and all done in the garden, thanks to this summer's better weather.

I made a couple of alterations, like split wings instead of one-piece, to accomodate the optional Cox .049 power-pod (non-rc), plus an additional (upper) wing spar.

finished & pod rhs.jpg

finished & pod lhs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Piers,

You asked for more deatails of my "Skyrider". Well, there is nothing extraordinary except the inverted gull wing. The outer wing panels and the tail feathers are oracovered. The centre part of the wing, the nose of the fuselage and the wheel pants are reinforced with light glass cloth.

Skyrider plans are no longer available, but I still have the magazine with the article.

Karl

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 03/09/2018 20:32:18:

Don`t use more than 4.8V on those 591`s or you will have problems. Looks a good buy to me.

Strange you mention that, I had a 5v UBEC spare, using 5 cell batteries and knew about the 591's limitation. Still enough voltage headroom for the rx, but not too high to burn the servos out on a freshly charged battery.

20180828_094623.jpgI have just got from a mate . a jaskolka .and is 4 meters in span. my mates dad john watkins did the plans for it in the 1980s.and you can get the plan and canopy from sarik hobbies . this one is the first one to be built by him. it also came with the plans that he drew up before they w published .ther20180828_094633.jpg is also a log book that he did with all the flights he did with it from 1989 to 2015 . I have not added the hours up but it is a lot.

Flew the P-47. Flies well. Does anyone know who's kit it was? Also, Peter said the cockpit is awful. Why's that? Suppose it's a cartoon scale, as the wing is bigger proportion to a scale P-47, but it has a benign stall and flies quite easily, considering a warbird. (hence why it's been flown so much and looking old...)
Also, altered the decals, as they were wrong and should not be on both wings.

p-47 (3).jpg

img_1879.jpgHere`s my latest project, 1/4 scale GeeBee Model E Sportster, i think it is built from the Tom Weemes plans which say .60 2 stroke up or.91 fourstroke up, flying weight 11 Lbs. I don`t fly glow so it is a toss up between electric or petrol. Mostly i fly electric, the only downside of that on this plane will be battery access as it is too nice to cut a hatch in the top and taking the wings off for access means removing the rigging wires. Any thoughts, if i went the petrol route ca anyone recommend an engine which would fly it with authority but fit within the cowl?..........Martinimg_1877.jpg

Edited By martin collins 1 on 09/09/2018 14:54:38