Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Posted by Peter Miller on 11/09/2019 15:43:52:
Posted by Ted Khinsoe on 11/09/2019 15:17:33:

L4 from a Sig 1/6 J3 kit. Enya46 four stroke for power.

dfd3613c-2190-46dd-98c3-9d2e8f863465.jpeg

Edited By Ted Khinsoe on 11/09/2019 15:19:19

That is a great conversion of the standard kit

Thanks.

I retained much of the original structure but used a bit of ply and carbon to provide some strength in the aft cabin frame. The model has had a tortured existence with engine issues resulting in deadstick arrivals first three flights then a forgotten servo horn screw in an aileron servo caused a significant crash requiring substantial rebuild. Still flying though.

Advert

Posted by Dad_flyer on 14/09/2019 21:33:41:

Paulo, that's different. What is it?

Hello Dad_flyer,

It's called Vector. A model by Pete Collins published in RCM&E of March 2016. I agree it's a very unusual shape, that's why I chose it to build! Search in this site for threads and albums under 'Vector' and you'll find more information about the model.

Regards,

PP

Cloud Models/Galaxy Models Jester. Came to me part built. I electrified it with a 4-Max motor I had in the spares box, added a steerable tailwheel, and decorated it as a WWII US Primary trainer (sort of - the underside is all red for better visibilty). It flies nicely and is fairly aerobatic. I just hope I can get enough practice to make it look a little neater in some of the manoeuvres. I have added cooling air scoops to the front sides and exit holes under the rear of the fus as the battery was getting fairly warm.

Jester 01.jpg

Posted by SIMON CRAGG on 25/09/2019 19:46:23:

Made from an RCME plan. Mad as a box of mad frogs with a Saito .62!

Edited By SIMON CRAGG on 25/09/2019 19:46:47

Should do a Bugly Ugger fly in! I actually flew mine again today. Also get the original designer, Mike Lee and see how many are out there...

I'm holding John Woodfield to blame for this wink,all those glorious classic gliders he keeps posting up on youtube.

I was rummaging about in the workshop and I found some TE and LE strip along with some rib stock and before I knew it, I had cut out 24 wing ribs and by the end of the day I had a nice set of wings. Now a wing is in want of a fuselage so I had to draw one and a tail, this is the result.

20190928_153247.jpg20190928_153257.jpg

Now the wait for a nice day to try it out.