Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

dsc01376.jpg

stampe2a.jpg

Today, witha cieling of about 200 to 300 feet I test flew my ne Stampe SR-7.

52" span, 3 lbs 11 ounces for electric power.

It is a dream, aerobatic but refuses to bite. I think I can describe it as a scale Oodallay and I am sure others can testify what a nice modexl that is.

For more detail of the flying see the Stampe build blog

Posted by Peter Miller on 24/11/2019 17:33:35:

dsc01376.jpg

stampe2a.jpg

Today, witha cieling of about 200 to 300 feet I test flew my ne Stampe SR-7.

52" span, 3 lbs 11 ounces for electric power.

It is a dream, aerobatic but refuses to bite. I think I can describe it as a scale Oodallay and I am sure others can testify what a nice modexl that is.

For more detail of the flying see the Stampe build blog

Very nice Peter. Must get on with my Skyways version.

img_20191129_160022_resized_20191129_050225432.jpgMaidened today as the sun was setting, bought last weekend at a bring and buy, after a check over which included adding a fair amount of lead in the nose to balance it on the recommended c of g point. A couple of clicks of down and right aileron were all that were needed and she flies really nicely with a very fast roll rate!

Looking for a good pilot now for my Clancy Speedy Bee party

img_20191129_160419_resized_20191129_050057876.jpg

Edited By martin collins 1 on 29/11/2019 18:17:05

Posted by Alan Thorpe on 24/11/2019 18:04:39:

Maidened Fugly last week. Needed a bit more nosewight. Flew it today, much better! 2 clicks of up elevator and flies level now hands off sticks.

Lost a wheel mid air, collet must have come loose, landee ok and found the wheel. Will sort it out tonight.20191116_081947.jpg

Looks very nice, Alan. Mine needed a stack of lead, too. IIRC I put it all in the hatch cover but I think the nose is just a bit (a lot!) too short. Be careful it's a small very lively model as I eventually found to my cost

Geoff

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 30/11/2019 01:01:29:
Posted by Alan Thorpe on 24/11/2019 18:04:39:

Maidened Fugly last week. Needed a bit more nosewight. Flew it today, much better! 2 clicks of up elevator and flies level now hands off sticks.

Lost a wheel mid air, collet must have come loose, landee ok and found the wheel. Will sort it out tonight.20191116_081947.jpg

Looks very nice, Alan. Mine needed a stack of lead, too. IIRC I put it all in the hatch cover but I think the nose is just a bit (a lot!) too short. Be careful it's a small very lively model as I eventually found to my cost

Geoff

Ah Cheers Geoff!! Thanks a lot for the advice! It flies great, keeping low rates so far and all is good! Managed to do a bit of damage today though, broke an undercarriage leg.....all my fault. Will replace it and get flying again soon!

I took my Ryan ST up to the field today in a half hearted attempt to test fly it. It's a horrible model but as I spent a lot of time struggling to build it I thought I may as well try to get it in the air. I took a photo first.

ryan1.jpg

As you can see it was a nice morning, cold but with light wind from the SW(ish). I did a few taxi trials then a fast taxi and went for it but it wouldn't rotate, so I shut the throttle (too little elevator, probably - there was no indication of throws in this ancient kit and I was being a bit too cautious). It did, however hit a bump and took to the air sufficiently to leave the runway and make an elegant flat glide into the (very) muddy outfield. It was covered in muck with a bent undercarriage (it's very flimsy) so I called it a day for now but I suppose it DID fly At least I think the ailerons and wing seem to be about right.

Geoff

Peter it's a so-called Easy-Built kit that I 'found' in the club hut - a deceased member's stock left to the club to be sold for club funds. It was designed for Astroflight motors with just a manual switch for power control - I assume the idea was to switch on the motor and fly until the battery ran down enough to land. It was all very vague and the drawings equally so. It was something of a challenge. It has an Axi 2820/12 motor from the same source. I had to use a big 4S LiPo to get it to balance on the CoG.

Actually the 'glide' was quite promising. It might even fly at the next attempt

Geoff

I believe I have an Easy Built kit in my model room, for a Monocoupe, made in Canada?

I have not tried to build it as i now consider its size to small.

However from here yours looks good.

I have done a conversion of a Sterling Kit, PT 19 for electric. In fairness as designed as a FF or CL or SCRC it probably was OK. As an electric I changes a lot. That is the dihedral, to as near scale as I thought, changed wing section, the incidence between wing 0-0 line and TP (to 0-0 to inline TP), the UC in the end and so on.

Edited By Erfolg on 04/12/2019 15:43:28

My $100 "new to me" in Florida, intended as a follow on from the SIG Kadet. It went well for a few minutes, until my thumbs consigned it rather violently into the ground....the pilot did not survive, but servos, engine, and other bits have travelled back to UK and will go again in another airframe.

img_6311.jpg

Edited By Dave Cunnington on 04/12/2019 15:52:12

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 04/12/2019 11:17:14:

Peter it's a so-called Easy-Built kit that I 'found' in the club hut - a deceased member's stock left to the club to be sold for club funds. It was designed for Astroflight motors with just a manual switch for power control - I assume the idea was to switch on the motor and fly until the battery ran down enough to land. It was all very vague and the drawings equally so. It was something of a challenge. It has an Axi 2820/12 motor from the same source. I had to use a big 4S LiPo to get it to balance on the CoG.

Actually the 'glide' was quite promising. It might even fly at the next attempt

Geoff

I know it was a pain in the butt to build but It did glide well and looked like it should fly ok. It is a pretty little thing as well and, seeing it on the tarmac, it did look like it was worth the effort.

• 3 weeks later...