If money was no object , a quick poll....

Newbee phil

Right. .....I've been sat pondering , looking at my lottery ticket lol ...... if you where to win the lottery so money was irrelevant. .. who would you commission to build a model for you and what would it be?? I would love a large scale fairey barracuda or a mitsibushi ki (sonya) .... and maybe Dave platt to build ...... what about you guys?

Advert

Model wise.......

Given enough room to build, store and transport it, then I'd love to undertake the construction of a 1/3 scale Blackburn B2.

The original 1932 aeroplane is based at Old Warden, and was the inspiration for my own 1/5.5 model. Both fly beautifully, and I reckon it would be worth scaling it up further. Mind you, the resulting model would span around 11 feet, so, even if fitting with folding wings, it would take a largish van to transport it.

Here's my litt'lun with the real thing.

tim

img_1359.jpg

Posted by Newbee phil on 23/10/2014 21:57:02:
I must agree a proper club field like they do in America would be mega .... club house with kitchen, work benches a proper toilet (our toilet *bury club* is a upturned traffic cone behind 2 pieces of old tin roof) ... ha ha

Oh the luxury in Bury !!!

Edited By cymaz on 23/10/2014 22:22:37

Deffo an airfield.... with tarmac and grass strips, kitchen,BBQ area, heated toilet with soft paper!, lounge, bar, workshops with some menial staff to clean up, dust and clean tools and put them back in their proper places, and Danny Fenton and Tim Hooper kept a consulting slaves locked in a cupboard......

If I had the resources, then without a doubt, improving flying facilities would be my top priority rather than frittering money away on ludicrously expensive models (a club mate has just spent £2.5K on a glider, for heaven's sakecrying 2 ........it still goes up, circles round for a while and then comes down again like all the others!).

Both of the flying fields that I use are starting to become soaked and as far as I'm concerned, unusable, unless one is partial to mud covering one's car, models and self.

Oh for a hard standing car parking area, tarmac pits and runway and decent club house facilities..........sad but it'll never happen. I seem to recall the BMFA were looking into.................oops, better not go there!

Mrs B and I have our plans. A kind of RC heaven, hard standings, club house with a little cafe, tarmac and grass runways and a lake off to one side for the boat boys and water planes and probably a car track too. Kind of an RC centre catering for all types.

Either that or buy a Catalina and fly rich people around the islands round Australia.

Posted by Peter Miller on 24/10/2014 11:45:16:

Up grade our flying field. probably buy it. Permanent club house.

Hire a man to carry my gear from the car to the pits, retrieve any out landings and carry my gear back and clean it down.

Stay in the warm and pay him to go and fly it for youwink

Interesting to see how many would prefer to improve their flying site to their own models.

£160,000,000.

That would build a very nice model centre (all types) in large grounds (already sorted out the "where", so just need the funds and yes, I have bought mine).

smiley

Edited By kevin b on 24/10/2014 19:21:56