John's Ballerina Build

Advert

might give it another try then,theres someone on youtube who just glues then a quick bend when set breaks the glue joint with a little clean up,the idea is if the glue gets on the hinge leave it as touching it forces it in the joint.not tryied it dont think i will be either.

Posted by john stones 1 on 04/02/2016 19:31:48:

Hey up Gary, you got owt done on your O/D ?

Took me a while to realise what "O/D" meant, but what I'm building is not really my "Own Design". I would not know where to start with designing my own model.

I found myelf with a Saito 82a (Please don't mention the 10 years old Funtana it came from) and a desire for a fun-fly IC model to put it in. I couldn't find a suitable ARTF model at a reasonable price anywhere, so I decided to make my own. My budget was VERY low - ideally £0.

I remembered that while I was building my last WOT4, I had drawn around all the parts on to a large sheet of paper in case I needed to make any spare parts. I had an old one piece wing from a 3D plane in my shed. I thought that the fuselage from a WOT4 could be modified to take the 3D wing. All it needed was a bit of reshaping of the fuselage to suit the 3D wing and some larger control surfaces at the rear end.

I think you'll agree when you see it that I have gone REALLY large with the rear end control surfaces. I will be fitting an APC 14x4W prop, so it will be all about low speed flying so I'm hoping the it will not fall apart on the first flight.

Not made any progress for about a month, but it'll be ready before our flying field has dried out properly. If it flies well it'll be down to Chris Foss and good luck. If it doesn't, it'll be put down to experience.

Gary.