Essential RC's videos

I used to have one of those but sold it on when I built the Laser in-line twin P51. The rad flap is in the correct place, deploys with flaps to stop the engine overheating when flying slow (full size has both manual and auto settings to control it) and to make the model look good! I think mine opened when gear came down.

Edited by Ron Gray

• 3 weeks later...

One man keeping IC ducted fan jets alive. This Phantom is a Yellow Aircraft kit which has polyester fuselage and glassed cloth wings tails and canards. Built by Adam in 2021. Has six JR servos and was painted using Tamiya paint. It uses an OS91 DF engine with a Dynamax fan and a Weston UK mini twin outlet pipe. Irvine straight fuel and no nitro added. Spring air retracts for undercarriage. Adam uses a Spektrum DX18 for guidance.

• Like 2

Love your videos Dom and fully appreciate the time and effort you take to publish them for all to enjoy. Whereas many will reside in the ‘not my cup of tea club’ for some, the variation you film and publish is to me one of most pleasing aspects, charm and uniqueness of our hobby. Good on ya

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Powered by 4 DLA 116 inline twin cylinder water-cooled engines with a total weight of 130KG. This model is 1:4 scale. The original Zeppelin Staaken had over 40 metre wingspan.

Pilot Helmut Müller and his flying pals Günther and Ludwig did a fantastic job in building this awesome machine. Working radiators provide water cooling to the engines. This model took 3 years to build. 

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, dave parnham said:

i wonder why he takes his shoes off to fly!! 

Fantastic anyway.

It is a fantastic modelling achievement, even more so as they dedicated 3 years to recreating what looks to be one of the ugliest aeroplanes of WW1!  I'm a great fan of WW1 aviation (I'm building a Fokker D-VIII right now) but of the bombers of the period the Vickers Vimy is far more attractive and certainly had great performance in the hands of Alcock and Brown over the Atlantic.

Certainly, the shoeless piloting is an oddity 🙂

Im guessing those slip ons are a little dangerous to be flying in....last thing you want is to trip over while flying anything let alone that beautiful thing.

Geoff i love German WW1 biplanes because they are generally more colourful than the brits, im currently finishing off my Hanger9 DV11 that i stopped assembling a year ago now because i had an eye problem and couldnt see too well. Also in the build stage is a 1/3 scale PUP and in the box at the moment a 1/3 scale DR1