hobbyking - big changes

Advert

No response to my first request so I tried "live chat". Very difficult to use. Seems to have a mind of it's own, sending half of my message before I'd finished typing. Then I was asked questions which I'm sure I'd already answered in the tick boxes at the start. The outcome was that I have to complete another claim form, which I've just done.

Was it this difficult with the old site? I've never had a problem with an order before.

Graeme

Posted by john stones 1 on 03/11/2016 17:39:43:
Posted by iqon on 03/11/2016 17:18:04:

smileyquick, "easy" well pleased......O`K I lied about the easy, but I only ordered yesterdaysmiley

You bought some lights then idea

Remember no decorating the tree till week before Christmas wink

Baublesparty

Well its Friday and still cant order anything "BEAR WITH US" is what I get,dont understand how some peeps have ordered stuff

is it a browser thing is it a operating system thing - I want to know

Edited By oldgit on 04/11/2016 09:03:17

Edited By oldgit on 04/11/2016 09:03:45

I placed an order for some Lipo's and receivers the other day, the process was a bit long winded compared to the old site as having to select the warehouse at checkout is another step where that things could go wrong, mine kept defaulting to the USA West warehousefrown and showing the lipos as out of stock but once I selected the UK the order went through, just checked the tracking number, the order is on the van for delivery this morning, here's hoping everything is in it.

I order an Avios Zazzy sport plane on tuesday evening. It was despatched by parcelforce 48hr large parcel (£21, it used to be about £6) and it arrived today. The packaging on this kit is the best I have seen but there was a manufacturing fault. So 10/10 for delivery and packaging, not so much for QC. The damage is shown below

dscf0810.jpg

Posted by oldgit on 04/11/2016 09:30:31:

managed to get to payment and then C R A S H

It does look like it is your browser or OS, or a combination of. My order arrived perfectly fine, no problems and others from my patch have managed to place orders without any dramas at all.

So, their guy Tobey promised that all would be fixed by yesterday. I can tell no difference. The search box still does not work mostly for a start, and even when it does the full list does not appear. For instance a 100mm alloy oleo is part No. 344000007 but this does not show on the full list of oleos. I know darned well that they also sell these in pairs.

Parts I tried to order from my wish list are still being deleted from it. Good job I wrote down the number for future reference. Gave up again because I want these from the UK as previously, not Hong Kong.

I had a spat with them today on chat - told me a load of rubbish - "the item I was trying to order was probably a restricted shipping item" - it was a 12x6e prop, long story short - "yes it was a problem their end and they will contact their IT dept" - yea right !!!!! 

I was advised to keep trying from time to time sad

Edited By oldgit on 05/11/2016 17:59:35

Edited By oldgit on 05/11/2016 18:00:20

Placed an order on the new HK Website Wednesday evening for a mix of servos,ESC and motor for the Kwik Flis

One thing I noted was when ordering the source warehouse kept changing and also the warehouse country flag (above the object description in the table of goodies) didn't always reflect reality. Apart from that - and correct any errors on warehouse in the basket which was really easy, the order went through and I got my bits on Friday morning at 8:30am.

I can live with that, Its that difficult, the site is still messy and the search engine is poor (even worse now) but I didn't experience any unsurmountable problems

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 05/11/2016 18:00:16

Posted by oldgit on 05/11/2016 17:43:33:

I had a spat with them today on chat - told me a load of rubbish - "the item I was trying to order was probably a restricted shipping item" - it was a 12x6e prop, long story short - "yes it was a problem their end and they will contact their IT dept" - yea right !!!!! 

Perhaps it's classified as a bladed article?

Edited By Martin Harris on 05/11/2016 18:02:21

Well I've been having a play with trial purchases, as things for me work OK'ish (?). But, the postage costs are exorbitant. $26, over £20, to send a 56" foam kit across the country by pacelfarce. They need to get this sorted. Its an 80ml round trip to Steve Webbs for me and I could do it three times for the HK postage charge!

The postage charges were bad before, used to be cheaper from the Euro warehouse. I remember when I had to return an item due to a fault, I got one of those prepaid return postage labels online and took it down the post office. The lady behind the counter asked me if I paid for the return label because she could have done it cheaper. frown I know it didn't cost me anything but it cost HK more than it should have.

Well many still can'r order, but some ffolks are having some degree of sucess - but even many of them are saying the experience was not without problems, issues and drawbacks.

To paraphrase myself in Dominoes Pizza Palour recently "Buying simply shouldn't be this difficult" If I want to put money in their bank account I think my path should be velvet lined for me to do so. I shouldn't be walking way thinking "Well I managed that - with some difficult". HK still clearly have some significant way to go with this - mind you I'm not optimistic, they never did quite get there at all with the old site either did they?

BEB

The damage to the HK brand , well, it has to be , what can you say other than immense.

The observations by others are correct. The search engine is very poor. I type in SRE, the result, not much. Previously it threw up many combinations. Similar searches were just as disappointing. If this was the only aspect, you would grin and bear, the foibles of the site.

The great pity is that I am sure this is not what was intended. The programmers have failled with the implementation process, I also suspect that the designers of the structures and pathways, (or results) have failed the client.s expectations, by a country mile

More worrying to both the purchasing public and HK, is that this web site is a long way from being a useful too to us, the public and just as importantly HK the company. But do you sack the IT business, or in house programmers. Probably not, at least today. For the future, well, I would not stick with those that have failed so lamentably.

As a typical punter, I really want to see this thing sorted.

Perhaps HK management need to be brutal with the programmers, demanding that the issues are fixed in there entirety by, lets say, the end of November, otherwise the Christmas sales could be very disappointing.

Edited By Erfolg on 05/11/2016 20:41:18