Horizon Hobbies

Something else i don't get, if the new dot EU website is meant to cater for us all now, then how come all their videos they are putting out are still spoken in German?

It's basically still just Staufenbiel but with a new website and a HH banner, even the 'Unboxing live' videos are/were a Staufenbiel thing and not a HH one, right?

The prices on everything have gone insane too, i really liked the look of the new Torrent 110 quad but at £180?....no thanks. I actually though some of the new prices were actually a April fools day joke.

I used to be a HH fan boy but i've nearly sold off all my planes branded by them and recently picked up a Taranis in case my DX9 goes the same way (in fact it hasn't been out the case since i got the Taranis)

I fear for those UK stores that are predominantly Horzion stockists.

I think i'm out.

Advert

Something odd is going with pricing, a number of factors maybe coming into play, as I was looking at the E-flite 2.5" ally spinner a few weeks back and was finding them for a tad over £20.00 + P&P which was fine, oh I wish I'd got one then but most places listing them now go anywhere from 26 to 39. I think I'll stick with the standard one.

There was a much hyped interview with Joe Ambrose trailed on the site but I cant find it as it would have been interesting to watch.

Quote from Erfolg, a masterpiece of precision information transfer. Wisdom with sadness and wrinkles.

The problems with Spektrum could well be that they seem to be used predominantly by new fliers, lacking the experience of having crashed many models, due to the operators fault.

Thanks MattyB , here:

Dear Customer,

You have placed one or more order(s) at the Staufenbiel online store that is/are currently being processed.

As you may have noticed, Staufenbiel is now a part of Horizon Hobby. However this has no effect on your order. We will continue processing your open order(s) according to the terms and conditions agreed upon at the time of your purchase.

In addition, as of now you can easily login to the brand new Horizon Hobby online store with your existing login data and continue placing orders just as before. Visit horizonhobby.eu and enjoy spectacular RC novelties and model sports entertainment.

If you do not wish for your open order(s) to be fulfilled by the newly merged company or for your customer and login data to be transferred to the new online store.

We look forward to continuing our excellent service and keeping our team of RC experts by your side with first-class advice and assistance.

Your team from Staufenbiel Modellbau / Horizon Hobby Europe

Edited By Josip Vrandecic -Mes on 08/04/2017 20:55:05

Don't know about that but they have a clearance page featuring an awfull lot of brands but seem to be conspicuously missing their own.. Maybe some bargains amongst them.

Is it reasonable to assume they are trying to eliminate their competition in their quest to dominate the world or am I overegging it ?

Link

Hi Guys remember me? The lost Rx at the very start of this thread...Well, nothing, absolutely zilch from the Germans. Their best is that my RX must be lost in the post.

Now, Futaba or Hitec, or maybe even one of the new upstarts

ernie

Not sure Ernie's the first, but one of the first. The model which I ordered from Staufenbiel still hadn't arrived a couple of weeks ago, so I opened a Paypal dispute. It seems that Staufenbiel even stopped responding to Paypal, so I received a full refund last week. Such a shame that two previously good companies have gone down the tubes now that they've merged.

I guess from across the pond Europe, including our little floating paradise, looks just one big lump of a market and is hard to see as very subtle little markets with different wants and needs. I've never really understood what globalisation is but is it what HH are doing now.

Ernie, hope your RX turns up 😋

I have bought and used Spektrum for years and didn't even know about Horizon Hobbies service in the U.K. until six months ago because I've never had a problem. Therefore I don't see why their moving service back-up to Germany should make any difference to be honest, even though I regret it. My intention to continue using Spektrum is because I haven't had any problems that weren't my own fault.

The daft thing is that shortly before they closed in the U.K. I had sent them two receivers that I had accidentally damaged, one nearly new and one several years old, asking if they could be repaired and asking for the cost. I was staggered to receive back two brand new units f.o.c! While immensely grateful, perhaps this is one of the reasons that HH closed it. There was no obligation on them to do anything and I was happy to pay a reasonable charge. I understand that sometimes it is cheaper to replace than to repair in warranty situations, but you can't run a profitable business like that, unless the incidence of defects is so low that the cost of providing a preferential service is neglible. From my personal experience with Spektrum that is a possibility I suppose. From years of using Sanwa, then JR and more recently Spektrum, I can only admit that I've never had a failure with any of them, all of my "incidents" have been the result of me doing something dim rather than radio failure.

I am far from being a Helicopter novice either in piloting or building/setting up.

I recently bought a Blade 130S to replace my much flown two 130X models.

It has a dangerous tail instability fault.

I am in communication with other experienced RC helicopter pilots/purchasers across the world who have the same issue with this new model. Clearly its quite widespread, certainly no one off.

One UK retailer bought from when notified by the purchaser swapped the model. The replacement had the same fault.

I have contacted the new HH Euro Support twice now.

NO reply, not even an automated acknowledgement. Two different EMail paths used, also their website contact form. Time left for several working days response delay between each message. My Email system is working normally, I receive and send many messages a day.

I have now this morning after further waiting and no response tried to establish contact again, but also copied to the USA Headquarters.

I seem to have a similar problem getting any form of response from Horizon/Staufenbeil . Ive written to them on three ocassions (no response) and have rung them up on similar number of times . I keep being put on hold with music (last call 6 mins) . Ive now raised a Paypal dispute and hope that this will get them to contact me! Not a happy bunny!