Solarfilm

Advert

be nice to think that the S/fim products were going to be still around...…… cant see how?... it was reported on here that someone had drove by the works and seen all the machinery outside...presumably on its way to the scrapyard...unless someone knows different....

ken anderson...ne...1...S/film dept.

The new address is in Coppull nr Chorley, not a million miles away from me so I might have to take a looksee.....

I know the site & it's not really an industrial manufacturing type site...more small offices & lock ups....so it seems unlikely that production is going on there. Clearly the address given might be the sales outlet with the product being manufactured elsewhere....

That's what I was afraid of!

Next question: Recommended alternative to clearcoat? Seems to be the same stuff as the old balsarite, but not the new stuff, which is rubbish!

Surely *someone* (Perkins? RipMax? MacGregors?) can see a gap in the market here? If not, its no wonder our economy is going down the pan!

--

Pete

Just had an email.....

Yes, we currently have Solarlac available. However, we cannot send them through the post because they are flammable products. This applies also to Clearcoat, Thinners and Flatting Agents. We have them all here in our shop at the address below. If you are able to come here or maybe send someone you know to buy Solarlac, we are open from the hours 9am to 3pm, Monday to Thursday.

We will also be trading at Weston Park in June, where we will be taking all the products such as Solarlac there. If we can help you with anything else, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Kindest Regards,

Ho
Solarfilm Sales Ltd
Unit 3, Mill Lane, Coppull, Lancashire. PR7 5BW
Opening Hours: 9am - 3pm Monday - Thursday
Tel: +44 (0) 1257 791899
[email protected]
www.Solarfilm.co.uk

Posted by Don Fry on 07/03/2019 18:46:37:
Posted by Stearman65 on 07/03/2019 17:49:26:

Going to Coppul Monday to collect some Solite transparent for the Outlaw.

Don't forget a pot of balsaloc, or more if you have a few quid spare.

Hi don

Not needed according to the blurb.

Get some. Any film, or fabric user will have the odd lifting edge what Balsaloc will reattach. And you can use it to prevent it ever happening on the leading edge seams, and seams where the wing pushes against the wind seat. A fiver for peace of mind.

But you are ahead of me, I always thought SoLite came without a glue component. I thought it's one of the ways it's comes out lighter than Solarfilm. But, I have just resorted to the last place to look, the instruction book, and I find it has glue to stick it down.

But a pot of Balsaloc will still see you safe unto old age.

Posted by Percy Verance on 07/03/2019 20:31:11:

I just looked at the Airtek site and I noticed a product I'd not previously seen, called Balsabond. Made by MD Products. A possible replacement for Balsaloc perhaps?

Edited By Percy Verance on 07/03/2019 20:34:04

The only difference is that it must be shaken, not stirred......