Best Heating Option For Your Hobby Shed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have pretty much the same model as in Peter's videos - but when I use the up and down arrows on the LCD panel it seems to alter Mghz 4.3 up and down 0.1 at a time.

Other than using the long press on the down arrow and the 'ok' button to prime the unit I haven't pressed anything or altered settings.

Can anyone help.

The remote doesn't pair but I think that is a flat remote battery - 8v

The unit runs and fires up ok, and pumps out heat but I don't seem to be able to set the desired temp.

Regards

Geoff

Edited By Barnstormer 52 on 26/01/2020 18:30:05

Edited By Barnstormer 52 on 26/01/2020 18:30:36

Not seen that on mine. Have you pressed the OK button to scroll through to the setting you wish to change, such as target temperature? When I turn on I just touch the 1/0 button for 1/2sec.

Found a very quick way to get the shed warm quickly. I put an oil filled radiator near the fan at start up for a few minutes. Shut down to idle occurs very soon (5x3x2.5m shed).

Hi Martin

Apologies the figures weren't exactly what was on the display just an indication of the options.

The volts are actually 12.0

the unit is connected to a 12v power supply and also has been on an 85ah leisure battery

I am probably wrong but I don't think the issue is volts, it's as though i'm stuck in a menu and not back at the top level?

Geoff

Edited By Barnstormer 52 on 26/01/2020 21:08:25

Take a look at page 10 of this thread - 12th/13th of April - there's some info on what seems to be the same problem...

Depending on the exact model you have, it should be a simple matter along the lines of pressing both top buttons together at the same time to get from Hz to temperature C.

Edited By Martin Harris on 26/01/2020 21:52:01

The trouble I'm having with my heater is that the LCD screen has faded to the point where I can't read it. The heater still works but I have no idea what temperature it is set to etc and will be lost if I ever need to do any maintenance (e.g. priming the pump).

Anyone know how to adjust the screen contrast or if it's even possible?

I think most lcd screens suffer from viewing angle issues

”LCD displays have a limited viewing angle. They lose contrast and become hard to read at some viewing anglesand they have more contrast and are easier to read at others. The size of the viewing angle is determined by several factors, primarily the type of LCD fluid and the duty cycle.”

Geoff

My problem isn't down to the viewing angle. It used to be OK but now it's just gone really dim. I've had it permanently powered up which might be something to do with it. I'm going to try powering down for a while to see if that helps. If not, Martin has helped me find a replacement LCD screen at a reasonable price.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Considering using one of these heaters for a newly acquired 2.4m square log cabin. Inerested to know how you  avoid the smell of diesel and spillages when refilling the fuel tank. Wonering if an external can be used sited outside the building.

Quick search on eBay shows several models available, so is it better to go for an 8kw version rather than say 5kw.

Edited By Andy Joyce on 17/11/2020 05:45:50

I buy my fuel in a 20lt can, i have a fuel pump from HK with a filter and a non return vale on the 6mm line that go's in the can through the hole where the cap fits i seal this off except for a small air hole, the pump is always fixed below my bench and the pipe from the pump to the heaters tank is fitted to the filler cap of the tank

I made a float that shows me the height of the fuel lever made from a small bottle and plastic pipe , i just hit the fill button and watch the float, my heater is completely hidden under a low bench with no access to fill it, mines the 5kw

Works a treat

Has anyone used heating oil instead of red diesel ? I think it's the same so shouldn't be a problem but worth an ask .Red diesel or gas oil is currently only 61p a liter here in Kent. If it goes up to the same price as normal diesel then an alternative is worth looking for. My son's oil boiler seems like a giant version of the cab heater. Any heating engineers that can shed any light on things ?

I'd be interested in an authoritive answer as various suppliers I've asked have differed. For example, we ordered red diesel from one supplier for our club tractor/generator and the tanker driver said that it all came from the same tank but when I asked a local heating oil supplier who has red diesel on pump, he said they weren't the same...

I researched this a couple of years ago when I was buying my heater.

Red Diesel is exactly the same are auto diesel but with die added.

Heating oil is the same as Kerosene / Paraffin . During manufacture, it's taken from higher up the fractioning column than diesel, making it lighter and more purified. It should burn cleaner than diesel.

I would use heating oil if it was available to me but I can only find it available in huge quantities, so I use red diesel.