BMFA News Dec 2019

ken anderson.

3 cheers from me too! Not only does the mag cover the ground, but the inserts will be helpful to those who have not had the time, or interest, to keep up with the evolving saga of DMARES.

I'd also like to say that the rest of the content was also extremely interesting and In my view, quite rightly different from the content of commercial mags.

Well done to the BMFA News Editor as well.

The paid staff are paid to look after our interests but failed to stop the Government ( the " low tax" government!) from taxing aeromodelling! They failed. Why praise them?

Instead of resisting the 9 pound tax they collect it for the Government!

Edited By kc on 08/12/2019 11:34:56

Posted by kc on 08/12/2019 11:32:54:

The paid staff are paid to look after our interests but failed to stop the Government ( the " low tax" government!) from taxing aeromodelling! They failed. Why praise them?

Truly astonishing.

Bile like this reflects badly on the writer. Get a life and leave off criticising the BMFA all the time. If you are no longer a member of the BMFA why pour ill informed comments onto them?

Posted by Tim Kearsley on 08/12/2019 11:48:47:

Truly astonishing.

What is astonishing is that there are still negative comments being bandied about after the BMFA have taken the lead in fighting our case against the implementation of draconian legislation based on the European and worldwide reaction to the perceived drone "menace" and commercial exploitation of the lower airspace.

Of course we'd prefer not to have to pay anything for something that brings us no benefit but as the general public [electorate] have no reason or inclination to give us popular support, the concessions gained for members are all the more impressive and I suspect are as a result of the good working relationship developed between the BMFA and the CAA - no doubt enhanced by working with them to collect the fee on their behalf.

Edited By Martin Harris on 08/12/2019 12:14:58

Registration, rules and general skullduggery is pointed to the model flying sector ALL OVER THE WORLD KC. We are not alone in being regulated. True, some countries have lower fees, some have more regulations. We in the UK have been given an even handed and fair set of regs.....thanks to the BMFA fighting our corner

I don’t recall ever having to pay for their time and effort or solicitor fees for legal work. It’s all been done for free and on our behalf, while the general club flier has sat back and not done a thing. Only that, being asked to write an email to their MP etc....hardly an arduous task was it ?

Posted by Steve J on 08/12/2019 12:49:45:

Posted by Martin Harris on 08/12/2019 12:13:51:

no doubt enhanced by working with them to collect the fee on their behalf.

I suspect that the CAA would prefer it if everybody registered through their website and they didn't have to mess about with importing data from the associations.

I'm sure that both sides must have seen benefits for this to be agreed.

here's me set this thread away to thank the people at BMFA HQ for the latest mag and the specific content related to the rules and regs and the work that had gone on behind the scene on all of our behalf's … and now its been hi-jacked as a BMFA thumping thread?..... a few of the later comments I think should posted on here? and this one used as intended....

ken anderson...ne...1..hijackers dept.

When I look back at how things *could* have turned out only a couple of months ago, I am mightily relieved that our present situation is nowhere near as bad as it could have been.

Yes, we had a stroke of luck with a more enlightened Secretary of State, but thanks to all the hard work put in by the BMFA, we were well placed to take advantage of that luck when it arose. And thanks to all that hard work, we will hopefully have a better chance of minimising the affects of future legislation going forward.

So, WELL DONE BMFA!

It was also a real delight to see so many junior members being recognised by the Royal Aero Club, something else the BMFA has been instrumental in getting.

We constantly hear about the lack of youngsters entering the hobby, but here are four who are showing levels of skill beyond their years - and giving their elders a run for their money!

From my perspective (and I admit to some bias here!), I was particularly impressed that three out of the four were helicopter pilots, one of the most challenging disciplines from a pure piloting perspective.

It seems that not all kids are seeking instant gratification! We can see four here that have been prepared to put in the time and practice to achieve levels of skill that many of us older pilots can only envy!

Well done to them, too!

--

Pete