Minor irritation

Mike T

Advert

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 15/06/2020 18:16:32:

I can assure you it happens to the best of us....teeth 2

That explains why I haven't seen it.

My main annoyance is the flaky log-ins.

Sometimes I can go days or weeks logged in but more often than not I have to log in each day.

Sometimes several times a day.

Sometimes I get the option to tick a box to stay logged in and at other times the box is not there!

I get much the same, Martin, although the having to login again is fairly infrequent and the tick box option doesn't often show up on my laptop, for some reason.

I put it down to a Firefox glitch - it has been behaving strangely for me recently on other sites.

Pete

Posted by Denis Watkins on 15/06/2020 19:52:46:

John Lee has the solution

Your Chrome or Firefox " ad blocker " is misaligning the text

Go to settings

Ad blocker

And untick

Edited By Denis Watkins on 15/06/2020 19:53:24

I can't find an ad blocker in Firefox - any better description of where to look?

Dick

Yes, I found the 3 horizontal bars and the menu system behind, but nothing called Settings. Looked through various sub menus such as Options and Privacy, and also searched for various possible spellings of Ad blocker - nothing found.

Not to worry, its only a minor issue and soemthing I can put up with.

Thanks anyway.

Dick

Posted by John Lee on 15/06/2020 20:51:30:

I can't find an ad blocker in Firefox - any better description of where to look?

Dick

Try:

Thanks John, but I've looked in Extensions & Themes, and in Plug-Ins and Add-ons, and no Ad blocker found there.

Dick

Yes, the adblocker seems to be the answer - I run Ghostery on Firefox as an add-on. 'Trusting' the site solves the text overlap issue. Switching off the 'Enhanced Tracking Protection' (the shield to the left of the address panel) doesn't have an effect.

I've now got 13 trackers following my progress.....face 7

Pete

Same here. I use the CCleaner Browser and clicking on the 3 little squares and selecting "Security and Privacy Centre" is how I reached the Ad blocker. Switching it off eliminated the problem. However, I'd rather have the Ad blocker working and put up with the misaligned text so I'll put it back to how it was.

Thanks for the input chaps! I must admit I thought my adblocker was disabled for this site, as I always see the ads on the right hand side bar - which I have no problem with as I want to support the site!

Switching my adblocker (uBlock Origin) off revealed the FMS banner and corrected the layout (thanks John and Denis!)

PS - FMS may be a bit miffed if their ad is the only casualty of ad blockers...

Edited By Mike T on 16/06/2020 02:18:48