New scam alert!

cymaz

Yet another one: message received from DPD regarding a parcel delivery with an incomplete delivery address. I couldn't remember if I had ordered anything (it's an age thing!). The odd thing was it was sent at 02:45 this morning demanding that I respond before 5th December or the parcel would be returned to the sender. It then required me to fill out a Google registration form which I declined to do. Checking the web address showed that it must be a scam. Refer tot he DPD website for more information.

Beware.......!!

Edited By 2W on 05/12/2020 08:37:34

Dave,

Too late I am afraid it asked me three questions which I answered wrong and I still won.

There was a time limit that was counting down and I had to be quick or I would lose my chance, unfortunately by the time I took my chance my time had run out. Strangely it allowed me to continue.

It's all very dodgy in my mind.

What are they going to get out of this?

I think at least a postage charge for a prize that will never turn up or a bigger prize for them bank details.

I have asked for the link to be removed, but tried it again and it took me to a different page. Very dodgy!

Be careful everyone.

Yes, it's an advert box linked to Google. It has been there a long time and tends to appear on some pages spitting up a random selection of things. Needless to say, any of the offers and enticements you may see are nothing to do with MyTime Media, RCM&E.

I've asked if this can be removed from the site in the past and will ask again.

Following on, Sam, our tech guy has added....

Our hosting company does run scans etc and have not seen anything their end.

I would still recommend people run **LINK** on Chromebook as it does not have any built in Anti-Malware/Virus software, this pop-up does sounds like adware to me which is a little different to Malware/Virus.

But I've sent him the latest reports to look at too.

Note - "ublock origin" not "unblock origin"

Here are details about installation and maybe other useful bits -

https://rollestonshed.wordpress.com/useful-items/

There is a computer section on this Men's Shed website. A Men's Shed is simply a shed where everything is done and some include might RC aircraft. This Shed, Rolleston, had a drone pilot recently do some aerial photography just before they officially opened and other section of the Shed.

What do yo think - scam or not? There is a link I can follow to get more detail! smiley

Dick

"Dear Friend,
Good day to you. Apparently this email will be coming to you as a surprise since we have not met before now. My name is Reem E. Al-Hashimi, the Emirates Minister of State for international cooperation and Managing Director of United Arab Emirates (Dubai) World Expo 2020 Committee. I am writing you to know if your would be willing to recieve and invest a huge sum on my behalf. This fund is my share of gratification from foreign companies whom I helped during the bidding exercise towards the Dubai World Expo 2020. ................"

Ignore it ? what even for 30% of ".....€47,745,533.00 Million Euro ....."

My calculations put my share at £12,891,293,910,000 even at current exchange rates wink

I could pay off the national debt and then buy Apple.

Dick

Edited By Dickw on 09/12/2020 12:18:55

Edited By Dickw on 09/12/2020 12:23:30

Just had an automated voice call purporting to be from HMRC saying that I had defrauded them and an arrest warrant was on the way. I didn't hear the remainder of the call as I was too busy laughing at it.

To anyone of a nervous disposition this would sound most threatening, so please if you get this call don't respond as it's just criminals trying to get your money.

A.