I LOVE the new site!

Jonathan M

Advert

Beginning to get used to the forum now after tweaking things to my liking though I am fed up with the Twister NINJA advert at the top. I know advert revenue is important but can it be changed like at least every hour or so?  Certainly doesn't make me want to buy one quite the reverse.

1 minute ago, leccyflyer said:

Exactly Nigel -and in this modern software the Chrome spellchecker works as it should -underline in red, right click offers the correct spelling to select. In the old forum software that was not the case.

It did if you enabled SCAYT  but it would give the US spell correction. You get nothing on here unless your browser checker picks it up. Mine doesn't.

4 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

I've changed nothing in my browser settings -spellcheck worked with every other forum that I use, continues to do so and now it works correctly on this forum, wheras it do nothing more than underline incorrect spellings =right click did not offer the correct spelling.

Works for you but not for me and I dare say I'm not alone.

Like I said earilier, it kinda makes a point that one for the forum would be useful.

15 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

There is something else needed to be done in Firefox - this isn't a problem relating to this forum upgrade.  I use it on all sorts of forums but never see the spellchecker although the option is - and always has been - ticked.  If anyone knows what I've missed I'd love to be educated!

Martin it's likely that you need to add a dictionary. 
Try here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/language-tools/
Use the British English Dictionary (Marco Pinto)
After installing that you'll proably need to check the checkbox for spellchecking again.

6 minutes ago, Chris Bott - Moderator said:

Martin it's likely that you need to add a dictionary. 
Try here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/language-tools/
Use the British English Dictionary (Marco Pinto)
After installing that you'll proably need to check the checkbox for spellchecking again.

Yes, I had the same problem as Martin but adding the English (GB) language pack and English (GB) dictionary solved the problem and I now have a spellchecker working in Firefox for the first time.

An unexpected bonus of following this new Forum ?

Dick

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

I'm not sure there's any battle going on between the users Phil - this forum is usually a very friendly place where help is given freely and usefully.  I don't see discussion of viewpoints as a battle - just the opportunity to educate and more importantly, be educated.

That's how I like to think of it Martin as place to help each other, to give as well as take, I don't post to encourage a battle I do it to offer suggestions, to offer a viewpoint that may have not been considered and to be educated myself which is why don't react well to what I see as digs and snarky remarks.

We've got a new forum, let's make it a new chapter.

Edited by Phil McCavity
Added text