We have a plan

EarlyBird

Advert

Must admit I'm tempted. I have suitable motors to choose from (Turnigy G46, Axi 2826 or the bigger 4120) and the design of the fuselage offers lots of room to put a 4S LiPo over the top of the motor.  I have quite a lot of balsa but I'll probably lash out on a set of CNC cut parts (those formers look a bit daunting) and possibly another drawing as the ones in the magazine are a bit fragile.

It's an attractive model and I need something to kick me out of my lethargy.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Piers Bowlan said:

I wonder if anyone will build a Kestrel out of foam board?

I’m building a Hanky Planky from Depron, mainly as an experiment for my Hanky Planky Wacky Races competition next year. I would guess that the cost of the airframe, which includes some balsa for fuse doublers and formers plus a bit of ply for the motor bulkhead comes to less than £10 against £75 for balsa short kit (less plan) from Sarik!

Edited by Ron Gray
  • Like 1

That's worth knowing but actually I only subscribe to paper copies not digital ( paper subscribers no longer have access to the digital archives it seems )

If it prints out properly with no distortion this could be useful to some people.   I would advise checking carefully before starting to build from a plan obtained that way!   Distortion in one direction or change of scale at all would wreck a build if only found late on in the process.   Especially important if you buy the cut parts.

Once somebody has compared the pdf version with the paper plan and people have built from both we will know.  Of course as always one needs to print from pdf at 100 percent and have a printer that does not distort in one direction.

Edited by kc