Peggy Sue 2

EarlyBird

Graham - you should try to get hold of the original construction article if possible.   Very often there are important bits of info.   Subscribers to RCME can look at the digital archive- this model is in RCME April 2014.

Peter's models often use a special sequence of wing building which involves putting the LE and TE sheeting flat onto the board first ( Ron's photo shows that I think ) and later bending the LE up onto the ribs.   On some models this gives just enough clearance for the ribs to sit flat onto the board.  Much of the sheeting is fitted with the wing flat on the building board to ensure wing does not become distorted.  Very clever and works well.

Edited by kc

On 03/08/2023 at 11:47, Peter Miller said:

All the Peggy Sues fly straight and level well.

You might get a swing on take off but you can get that even if you have side thrust. That is what the rudder is for.

If it doesn't fly straight and level in normal flight you then use the trim switches to trim out any miss alignment due to construction errors

Flew a foam Wot4 for a friend on Thursday which he'd rebuilt with significant left thrust after a radio problem resulted in an "arrival" and tried to fly before I arrived - apparently it was almost unflyable.  I suggested that he could reverse the rotation and put a pusher prop on but rudder correction should make it work ok - wound on a little right rudder trim and it flew quite normally and was absolutely fine at all power settings.

• 2 weeks later...

How are you progressing @Graham R?

I have been working on the fuselage by adding stringers and other bits.

IMG_20230824_110108.thumb.jpg.8b4516bd647b40e8f3815331e9d90921.jpg

this is what it will look like as inspired by Peggy Sue

IMG_20230824_110148.thumb.jpg.f3dd5054e0999ec2689aafdfa620c1f5.jpg

This is the side for the two switches, something else to think about. 🤣

Next I will add all the bits to the other side while I make a decision about the switches which I also need to buy.

Steve 

14 hours ago, Graham R said:

Steve, Mine coming on.

image.thumb.png.04b054353477ccc30e157632609adacd.png

Impressive, I like your use of magnets especially the thumb screw clamp. Is that Duplo? looks a bit big for Leggo. 

Looks like you will beat me to the maiden which wouldn't be the first time if IIRC. 🤣

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

More than a month, how time flies as I get older.

I decided to use some scrap 1/32" ply for the back of the wing location.

IMG_20231019_090800.thumb.jpg.340d301446f2e6c983300a71b8ff9107.jpg

Then cut the holes for the two switches, lots of test fitting went on BTW.

IMG_20231101_085202.thumb.jpg.a035ac7fae0bcfb2e6781dd9b8e4ab5a.jpg

also thinking of putting the servos at the back but they stick out too much for my liking.

More to come.

Steve