Dreams

john davidson 1

With a few mates I usually have a walk every Thursday, and coming up to Christmas we  have a shortish walk ending at a hotel or restaurant for  lunch. Anyway talk around the table yesterday touched on dreams. I was amazed that my friends all had dreams like me about work situations  , we are are all retired 16 years or more so how is this, the dreams create quite stressfull scenarios , and are quite realistic, we were all in jobs, although very different, were sometimes using hard decisions and conflict of opinions. Is this a mild form of flashbacks or PTSD?  Another office colleague  I spoke to today says he does not have them. I would be interested in how many of you are affected similarly

Advert

I spent 22 years in the Army. I finished my service in 1988. after that I had a few different jobs in the world of engineering. I retired eleven years ago. I have quite vivid dreams but they all involve my Army service. I rarely have a dream about anything I did before, or after that period of my life. 

Edited by Richard Acland

Don't know if its healthy or repressive but having retired 3 yrs ago I can't recall any dreams of past experiences good or bad and that includes several tours of NI and a few other interesting places 😉 It's as though the boxes get filed, then move on and I can't think of one person from my past I am still in contact with, excluding family and current circle of friends. Only dreams are looking forwards which sometimes stray into fantasies.